Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process node and number of transistor for part number "PCAL6408ABSHP"

Jump to solution
dhruv56
Contributor I

Hello,

I am looking for information on process node and number of transistor in part number "PCAL6408ABSHP". Is there a location on NXP website where I can find such information for NXP part numbers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dhruv,

I apologize for my inconsistency. These two part numbers are similar and I accidentally sent you wrong information. Please see below correct information on process node. The Basic part number is PCAL6408A. The suffixes BS, PW, HK etc. define the package. The die is the same for all PCAL6408A.

JozefKozon_0-1681880122126.png

JozefKozon_1-1681880225898.png

Regarding the number of transistors, I have received an answer from the designer of the component. Unfortunately this information is confidential and he cannot share it with me/you. I apologize for inconvenience.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dhruv,

for the information on process node please see below. 

JozefKozon_0-1681818027638.png

For the number of transistors I need to ask a designer of this component. As soon as I will receive an answer, I will definitely reply to you.

Thank you for your patience.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
dhruv56
Contributor I

Hello Jozef,

Thanks for providing the information on feature size. In the image you shared it says Die for part number "PCA6508A" while I am looking information for part number "PCAL6408ABSHP". Are these two part number share same technology and transistor numbers? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dhruv,

I apologize for my inconsistency. These two part numbers are similar and I accidentally sent you wrong information. Please see below correct information on process node. The Basic part number is PCAL6408A. The suffixes BS, PW, HK etc. define the package. The die is the same for all PCAL6408A.

JozefKozon_0-1681880122126.png

JozefKozon_1-1681880225898.png

Regarding the number of transistors, I have received an answer from the designer of the component. Unfortunately this information is confidential and he cannot share it with me/you. I apologize for inconvenience.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
dhruv56
Contributor I

Thank you very much for providing this information. 

I can understand the number of transistor is confidential information. Exact number is not required for analysis at our end just range is also fine if that's fine to share. Range as under 100k transistor, 100k-1 Million, 1M-10M etc. 

I appreciate your responses! 

0 Kudos
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dhruv,

I have asked the designer again for at least the rough information. He has sent me a complex answer and explained why NXP cannot share the information. Please see below. I apologize for inconvenience.

DESCRIPTION

Historically, some semiconductor suppliers mentioned the number of transistors in their datasheet (i.e., Maxim Integrated). It is a way for customers or competitors gauge the complexity of the design, which is a form of IP. Since NXP is hyper sensitive about sharing any level of IP, I’m afraid we cannot even provide ballpark information. NXP does not even share this information with their largest customers.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos
dhruv56
Contributor I

Hey Jozef,

No worries, I can understand that. Thanks!

0 Kudos