PCF85263A - Configure INTA(CLK) via device driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCF85263A - Configure INTA(CLK) via device driver

Picoteando
Contributor I

Hello, I just want to set the INTA (CLK) output to Hi-Z (INTAPM[1:0] = 11) via the mainline Linux device driver. How can I do that? Is there any file in the virtual system where I can change this setting? The default value is 00 (CLK output mode).

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I hope all is great with you. Thank you for using the NXP communities.

You are correct, in order to configure the INTA pin as a Hi-Z, the INTAPM[1:0] bits from Pin_IO register should be INTAPM[1:0] = 0x11.

Unfortunately I am not aware about the Linux device driver that you mentioned and we do not have a example for the PCF85263. However I have found a Linux driver for the PCF85263A in this link. I recommend using it as a reference for your design.

diazmarin09_0-1675107166407.png

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Picoteando
Contributor I

Hello David, thank you for your prompt reply. That is actually the device driver I meant, the mainline one. There is indeed a definition for the Hi-Z, but I do not see any function to use that definition. PIN_IO_INTA_HIZ is not used anywhere in the code and the only function where PIN_IO_INTAPM is used is pcf85363_probe() where PIN_IO_INTA_OUT is used in a specific configuration, but none of the other INTA configurations is used.

Actually the defined operations are (copied from the source):

static const struct rtc_class_ops rtc_ops = {
.read_time = pcf85363_rtc_read_time,
.set_time = pcf85363_rtc_set_time,
.read_alarm = pcf85363_rtc_read_alarm,
.set_alarm = pcf85363_rtc_set_alarm,
.alarm_irq_enable = pcf85363_rtc_alarm_irq_enable,
};

So maybe there is another way to set the INTA pin configuration... maybe via device tree? I could not find anything about it on the Internet and I was wondering if anyone at NXP might have experience with the driver or the RTC as such in Linux.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

diazmarin09
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for using the NXP community.

I guess that the INTA pin is configured in the following line:

diazmarin09_0-1675184936900.png

Have you tried to replace PIN_IO_INTA_OUT with PIN_IO_INTA_HIZ?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos