cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MWCT1013 Debug Help

mgwalker95
Contributor II

Hi,

I have designed a board with the MWCT1013 based on the WCT-15W1CFFPD reference design. When I try to charge a phone using my board the MWCT1013 successfully communicates with the Qi receiver but after a few seconds will stop charging and indicate that there is a fault with the LEDs. I cannot determine what fault is being triggered in the device. What could cause these issues? What are some debug steps that I should use to investigate this issue?

Some things that I have tried:

Powering the board externally from a clean supply: does not fix the issue

Disconnecting the Temperature monitoring resistor: does not fix the issue

Calibrating the ADC: Does not fix the issue

Reviewing my schematic vs the reference schematic: The big differences are the Half-bridge FETs and the current sense resistor. What are the Half-bridge FETs on the reference design? 

The coil that I am using is the 595-WTSC-6R3K-A11-ND

Here is my schematic: 

page_4.pngpage_5.pngpage_6.png

Thank you for your help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Michael,

we have a FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool and a debugging user guide. You can download the Tool from this link at a very bottom of the page. Please find the debugging user guide attached. 

I have applied for the WCT-15W1CFFPD hardware design files. As soon as I will receive them I will let you know what Half-bridge FETs and transmission coil is used in reference design.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

mgwalker95
Contributor II

Hi Jozef,

I have followed the debug guide and have not found the issue. Are there any variables I can read in the code to see what fault is triggered?

Have you found the part numbers for the devices?

Regards,

Michael W.

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Michael,

could you please provide the following details about your project?

Customer (Company): ?
End Customer: ?

End Application: ?

Timeline: ?

Annual Volume: ?

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

mgwalker95
Contributor II

Hi Jozef,

This is a hobby project that I hope to turn into a product. The end Application is a personal electronic device. So no company and no annual volume currently.

Regards,

Michael W.

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michael,

please find a Transmitter Library User’s Guide attached, where errors are also described. I am still waiting for the design files. The representatives asked for the details I shared with you. I am not sure if they are allowed to share the design files for a hobby project. I have sent them your answer and I am waiting for their reply.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michael,

unfortunately the representatives have not provided the design files. I apologize for inconvenience. Please see below for their answer.

DESCRIPTION

Thanks for details, unfortunately we are not supporting hobby projects.

General basic info is on the nxp.com/wirelesspower

Please reach out to me for latest marketing material for specific requests.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos