cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP3V5050 malfunction

jaroslavbrazdil
Contributor I

Hi everybody.

We use #MP3V5050 first in the version #MP3V5050DP, and after their termination we use  #MP3V5050VC.
We already have more than 100 units in operation.
The #MP3V5050V sensor is powered from 3.3V via a 15 Ohm series resistor. The output voltage is measured by the analog input of a Kinetis #MK20DX256 processor powered from the same 3.3V suppl
It works (worked) reliably. It measures low pressures when pipetting in a medical device.
Recently we have had some problems. After some time of operation (1-2days for example) the output locks up at the VS supply voltage level and does not respond to pressure changes. The damage is permanent.

I have disassembled the defective pieces and found no traces of mechanical or chemical damage.

Can you advise me where to look for the fault? I'm looking for where we are making mistakes, where we may be committing improper handling, but I haven't found the cause yet.

Out of the last 4 defective units, three have serial number KDN144C and one KCW101D.

Thank You very much.

Jaroslav Brazdil

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jaroslavbrazdil
Contributor I

Hi Erika,

I know. We are measuring vacuum up to -50kPa.

The previous use of the MP3V5050DP was not quite correct, but the MP3V5050DP has two outlets and we used the one for lower pressure as the measuring one. It worked to our satisfaction.
So did the MP3V5050VC. Until now. Now we have too many defective units, or we are making a mistake somewhere.

I haven't yet been able to discover where the fault lies.

Best regards

Jaroslav

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us, following your inquiry, MP3V5050DP is for 0 to 50 kPa, Differential, and Gauge Pressure Sensor, while MP3V5050VC is -50 to 0 kPa, Gauge Pressure Sensor.

The replacement for MP3V5050DP is MP3V5050GC6U.

Hope this information helps.

0 Kudos

jaroslavbrazdil
Contributor I

Hi Erika,

I know. We are measuring vacuum up to -50kPa.

The previous use of the MP3V5050DP was not quite correct, but the MP3V5050DP has two outlets and we used the one for lower pressure as the measuring one. It worked to our satisfaction.
So did the MP3V5050VC. Until now. Now we have too many defective units, or we are making a mistake somewhere.

I haven't yet been able to discover where the fault lies.

Best regards

Jaroslav

0 Kudos