cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux boot issue for custom board based on LS1046ardb on LSDK 21.08

Jump to solution
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, iam using a custom board based on Ls1046ardb, there were few changes in my custom board and i have modified them accordingly, now when iam booting everything is fine but during Tiny linux login iam getting "usb5-port1: over-current condition".

Attached is the complete bootlog for your ref. Please note that with the same device tree in LDSK 20.04 iam not getting such error, this issue is only with LSDK 21.08.

Please let me know what should be done to resolve this issue.

Thank u.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, on u-boot i had monitored the contents of reg : 0x1570414 using md, i was getting the value as 0x29000000, however when i was forcing it to 0 using below command,

mw 0x01570414 0

then it was booting without "USB over current condition" error.

So i did some analysis on the code and found out that in "ls1046ardb.c" there is a function config_board_mux, which is modifying the usb_pwrfault register, so i commented this section of the code, and now it is booting fine without "usb over current condition".

Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Oswalag
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,
1. May I know the schematic diagram of the custom board, especially for the USB part? how were the USB1, 2, 3 connected?
2. Seems it is possibly related with usb powerfault, for a quick response, we suggest try to input the following command under uboot:
mw 0x1570414 0x09000000
Then boot the Linux to have a test

0 Kudos
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, on u-boot i had monitored the contents of reg : 0x1570414 using md, i was getting the value as 0x29000000, however when i was forcing it to 0 using below command,

mw 0x01570414 0

then it was booting without "USB over current condition" error.

So i did some analysis on the code and found out that in "ls1046ardb.c" there is a function config_board_mux, which is modifying the usb_pwrfault register, so i commented this section of the code, and now it is booting fine without "usb over current condition".

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, any update on above topic, please provide help on this topic.

Thank u.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Oswalag
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Hi, could you share the device tree?
0 Kudos
Ghouse
Contributor V

Hi, Please find attached the device tree of both linux and u-boot.

Please note that we have modified the device tree according to our custom board (Eg: MT25Q SPI flash is updated, since we are using MT25Q for QSPI flash)

Thank you.

0 Kudos