JN5189DK6_powerdown_demo issue calling start timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

davidatworkandp
Contributor I

I am running jn5189dk6_powerdown_demo with SDK 2.6.2. The problem I have is that when PM_POWER_DOWN and WAKEUP_TIMER_0 , set for 10 seconds is selected the programme runs until it hits the "Sleeping......" debug message in the AppMain function and the WTIMER_StartTimer(WTIMER_TIMER0_ID, sleep_time * 32768U) function for some reason never gets called, so programme will hang on the "Sleeping....." debug message. Any solution to why WTIMER_StartTimer will not run. The code I am using is exactly the same has the demo application apart from changing the LED output pins to my own thank you David Lloyd.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

davidatworkandp
Contributor I

Hello again I have provided a screen shot of terminal output running powerdown demo, code will run until WTIMER_StartTimer, I have added some of my own debug messages to see where code hangs.

JN5189DK6_powerdown_demo_Terminal_Output.png

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

A newer version of the SDK is available on the SDK Builder website, could you please help us by installing it and trying powerdown_demo using the latest version?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

davidatworkandp
Contributor I

Hello again Eduardo, I have installed the latest SDK 2.6.5. I still have the same problem, I've included a screen shot of my terminal again.

JN5189DK6_powerdown_demo_Output.png

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

Could you please help me with more detail on which board are you using? Also, could you please help me with the jumper configuration of your board?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

davidatworkandp
Contributor I

Hello again Eduardo.

We are not using the DK6 board, we are connecting straight to the JN5189 chip pins. Is there specific circuit external to the JN5189 chip that is required for supporting the sleep operations of the powerdown demo.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Just to be sure, does your design include a 32kHz external crystal?

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, David.

Could you please attach a screenshot of your terminal? Showing the log from reset to the "sleeping..." message, just to confirm the behavior that your application presents.

Regards,

Eduardo.

0 Kudos