How to flash program DSP56F800 via JTAG using the parallel command converter on Windows 10?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash program DSP56F800 via JTAG using the parallel command converter on Windows 10?

tttooommm
Contributor I

Hi,

I used to program DSP56F800 via JTAG using the parallel command converter on Windows XP. 

On Windows XP, I connected the parallel/printer port on my computer with the 16-pin port on the chip board. Then, I can just ran `flash_over_jtag flash803.cfg myProgram.elf.S` to flash my program to the chip.

However, after I switched to Windows 10(with a parallel port installed on my motherboard), it did not work and showed the following:

I/O port driver not installed
Installing...
Make sure the I/O port driver is present in the same directory as the exe file
Unable to access the I/O driver

I think it may be related to a driver called zlportio.sys according to the Chapter 3 of the old user manual attached below. But, I did have that file in the working directory when I flashed my program on Windows 10. 

Could some please tell me how I can get it work on Windows 10? Do I need to purchase any hardware that is compatible with Windows 10? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The DSP56F80x family have been available for over 20 years, at that time, the parallel port was popular, the OS was Win XP or NT. But now, there is not parallel port on PC and the OS is upgraded to Win10, frankly speaking, I never test the parallel port On Win10 OS, my PC does not have parallel port either.

As a workaround, if you have source code, you can use CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3 to compile/link project based on DSP56F80x and download with USBTAP device, the CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3  supports DSP56F80x and USBTAP device as the screenshot.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1632799545090.png

0 Kudos