cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GD3000 IC in  DEVKIT-MOTORGD

Ahmed_Abd_El-Hafez
Contributor III

Hello NXP team,

I am using MPC5744P with DEVKIT-MOTORGD. Please, I want to know If there is some way to read out the temperature of the GD3000? Is there any possibility to see the status of the protections existed in it like over and under voltage protection or over temperature and over current protection using the MBD and FreeMaster?

thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Faults are visible in one of the Freemaster pages, so you can read the GD faults.

petervlna_0-1707811864704.png

Here you can see faults in Freemaster: This page is monitoring faults, eventually set triggers which triggers SW logic.

petervlna_1-1707812137463.png

Temperature is read in overtemperature fault.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Ahmed_Abd_El-Hafez
Contributor III

Thank you Peter, can you send me this freemaster file to investigate it better?

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Not sure what do you mean. Freemaster SW is part of the DEVKIT-MPC5744P - Quick Start Package

package.

Please refer to the Quick start guide:

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-devkit-motorgd:NGS-DEVKIT-MOTORGD?sectio...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Ahmed_Abd_El-Hafez
Contributor III

I meant this FreeMaster project from which you sent these figures. Another thing is that I didn't understand how I can read out the temperature of GD3000.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Looking at applicaiton note AN12017 I can see temp is read by:

petervlna_0-1708587020724.png

Regarding the question to this SW please get in touch with Daniel in this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/How-to-Spin-a-Motor-with-NPX-s-MOTORGD-...

Best regards,
Peter

0 Kudos

Ahmed_Abd_El-Hafez
Contributor III

why may I ask for this FreeMaster file in that thread? it doesn't concern with this topic and also it is so old and no one answers when I write a question in an old thread. I did it before. 

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Well the point is that Daniel is author of that demo. I have pointed to the thread where are his details expressed.

@dumitru-daniel_

Could you please provide the Freemaster SW from the motorGD project?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos