Freescale Symphony DSP56725 code download

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale Symphony DSP56725 code download

pknoot
Contributor I

I have an audio circuit based on the Freescale Symphony DSP56725.  I would like to make modifications to the code.  Is it possible to download the code and modify it?  If so, what would I need to do so?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Peter,

Regarding your question, firstly, the DSPB56725 is Not Recommended In New Design, and we are not capable to  support any decoder and Software Architecture.

If you just use the processor without internal code in ROM, it is okay, we can help you download code and modify the code.

Both of the Suite56 tools and the Symphony Studio support the DSPB56725, can you tell me the tools you are using?

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

pknoot
Contributor I

Hello XianJun,

No, this is not a new design.  I have an existing circuit based on the DSPB56725 and I would like to make some changes to the code.  The board is set up to communicate via a SPI UART and MIDI, although there is also a JTAG header.  The code appears to be stored in SPI flash memory.  Under normal conditions new firmware versions are uploaded through the MIDI port, although I suspect the same could be done via JTAG, correct?

I'm not using any tools at the moment, so I'm open to suggestions as to what hardware and software I would require to access and download the firmware.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Peter,

As you know that the DSPB56725 does not have on-chip flash, so it starts from on-chip ROM, and start boot-load process, it can boot from external flash with SPI interface, in the case, the SPI of DSPB56725 is master. So you have to write the binary code to the external flash yourself with your own tools, then DSP read code from external SPI flash to internal RAM and run.

Pls download the DSP56724RM from the link:

DSP56725|24-bit Dual-Core Symphony® DSP | NXP 

Do you have source code? if you have, pls check if it is based on suite56 tools or Symphony Studio tools. The above tools can generate the *.cld file.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rog

0 Kudos

cgraffe
Contributor I

Related question, could we use the JTAG interface to dump the ROM contents and also write alternate ROM?

What JTAG interface is recommended and supported by the DSP56725?

0 Kudos