cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For optimal patterning in CBTU02043HE

Jump to solution
YukioOyama
Contributor III

You say below that the pinout is optimized for USB type-C.

"The device's pinouts are optimized for USB3.1 type C DeMUX application"

https://www.nxp.com/products/interfaces/high-speed-multiplexer/high-speed-differential-1-to-2-switch...

However, in a Type C(Gen1) connector, SSTX and SSRX are clustered on the same side.

This means I have to pattern the B0P/N and B1P/N combination to one side of the connector and the C0P/N and C1P/N combination to the opposite side of the connector.

At this time, the crossing of B1P/N and C0P/N cannot be avoided.
Does the optimization you mention indicate using a through-hole to cross these signals?

I am already using two through holes for these super speed lines, so additional through holes are undesirable. What is your optimal patterning layout according to your stated optimal pinout? Please show a sample.

I hope that is wiring on one side of the PCB, not using through holes.

Best Regards,

Yukio Oyama

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Oyama-san,

As you observed, “the crossing of B1P/N and C0P/N cannot be avoided “. One pair of trace has to go to other layer through via.

Looks like this is an USB3 Type-C application. Please take a look at the attached AN which describes a potential USB3 RX detection issue with the CBTU02043.

The CBTL02043 is an alternative option for USB3 application.

Best regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Oyama-san,

As you observed, “the crossing of B1P/N and C0P/N cannot be avoided “. One pair of trace has to go to other layer through via.

Looks like this is an USB3 Type-C application. Please take a look at the attached AN which describes a potential USB3 RX detection issue with the CBTU02043.

The CBTL02043 is an alternative option for USB3 application.

Best regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
YukioOyama
Contributor III

Hello Tomas-san,

Your quick reply helps me greatly, thank you.

And you are correct, my application was USB Type-C. I apologize for the lack of information.

I was not aware of your attached errata. Thanks for the important info.

The CBTL02043's pin assignment is my ideal. However its size and the amount of power pins annoys me.
But these information are worth my consideration. Thanks for all the information.

If you can, it would be helpful to me if you could place these devices in the same category or recommend the other as a related product in web page.

Best Regards,

Yukio Oyama

0 Kudos