Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast firmware upload (mass production) for PCBs with KL25 IC

Jump to solution
offin
Contributor III

Hello,

I am looking for a solution for fast firmware (BIN file) uploads to PCBs with KL25 IC.
The PCBs have a connector for SWD programming (with SWDIO, SWCLK and RST).
For each production, we have to upload the firmware to around 1000 pcs.

I read a few posts about that (like: https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Design-Studio/How-to-upload-firmware-without-starting-the-debug...), but they are a bit old, this is why i am asking again the question.

Could you please point me to a recent solution for mass production firmware uploading for PCBs with KL25 IC ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @offin 

I hope you are doing well, 

To program by SWD  small production runs  you can take a look at the MCUXpresso GUI Flash  tool.  Please , check the chapter 14. The GUI Flash Tool  from  the MCUXpresso IDE user guide.

If you do not want to use a IDE to program your KL25s , you can  take a look at the Erich Styger's reply in this thread   Programming a microcontroller without IDE.

I hope this could help you,  let me know if you have more questions. 

Diego.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Do not forget to mark  a  reply with  ACCEPT AS SOLUTION , if  solves your inquiry. 

We are not following threads after 7  weeks. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @offin 

I hope you are doing well, 

To program by SWD  small production runs  you can take a look at the MCUXpresso GUI Flash  tool.  Please , check the chapter 14. The GUI Flash Tool  from  the MCUXpresso IDE user guide.

If you do not want to use a IDE to program your KL25s , you can  take a look at the Erich Styger's reply in this thread   Programming a microcontroller without IDE.

I hope this could help you,  let me know if you have more questions. 

Diego.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Do not forget to mark  a  reply with  ACCEPT AS SOLUTION , if  solves your inquiry. 

We are not following threads after 7  weeks. 

offin
Contributor III

Hello Diego,

Thank you for these links.

The Erich Styger's tutorial "Standalone and Command Line Programmer with MCUXpresso" is perfect.
The solution of executing a BAT file for each program action works fine, and it meets my needs.
My problem is fixed.

Thank you again !