Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXBUILD-LS1012AFRWY Error

Jump to solution
Steve81800
Contributor II

Dear Experts,

I am trying to build the new kernel for LS1012AFRWY. I have my Ubuntu 18.04 running in the VMware guest on Win 7. The build process was aborted, please see attached log file, can you help? Thank you! 

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q2:

The FRWY board schematics 30191 revs A and B had 512MB DDR3L. The Rev C board schematic has 256MB.
Rev A and B were early versions of this board.
The Rev C board has been shipping for a while now, and so a customer is more likely to have a Rev C.

The boards are shipped with a sticker on the underside indicating the schematic "SCH" revision. For the Rev C board, the sticker says "SCH-32169 REV C". Please see attached photo.

firmware_ls1012afrwy_512mb_uboot_qspiboot.img should be used if you have a Rev A or Rev B schematic board.
firmware_ls1012afrwy_uboot_qspiboot.img should be used if you have a SCH Rev C board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve81800
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your assistance which helps me to complete the whole process successfully. However, I still have some questions as follows:

Q1: I supposed there is a stage that the build would show me a "make menuconfig" so I can add some drivers into the Linux kernel, but there is not, what should I do?

Q2: I found there are 2 firmware image files as follows, what is the difference between them? Which one should I use?

firmware_ls1012afrwy_512mb_uboot_qspiboot.img
firmware_ls1012afrwy_uboot_qspiboot.img

Q3: If I want to use flex-installer to program the corresponding images to SD card, where is the bootpartition_LS_arm64_lts_5.4.tgz file, or how do I build it?

Q4: Since the full build process is taking horribly long, is there any shorter re-entry point if I make the following changes for my coming projects?

1. Add some drivers to the Linux kernel
  2. Change the hardware to:
    - Ethernet PHY: RTL8211B 2.5G PHY (Also how to modify the device tree?)
    - SDHC1: SD Card
    - SDHC2: eMMC (Also how to modify the device tree?)
    - Boot Sequence: SD --> eMMC

Steve

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

We usually use the following command sequence under Virtual machine (200GB HDD and 4GB memory).

Install Ubuntu 18.04.

Install all updates for this Ubuntu.

Install and build LSDK2004 using the following command sequence:

1. sudo apt-get install git
  2. tar xvzf flexbuild_lsdk2004_update_290520.tgz
  3. Change directory and issue: source setup.env
  4. flex-builder -i mkrfs -a arm64
  5. flex-builder -c linux -a arm64
  6. flex-builder -i mkfw -m ls1012afrwy -b qspi
0 Kudos
Steve81800
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your information. I did what you suggested. However, it was aborted as the attached log file. I copied the error portions as follows for you:

error: RPC failed; curl 56 GnuTLS recv error (-54): Error in the pull function.
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/steve/Desktop/flexbuild_lsdk2004_update_290520/packages/linux'
make[2]: *** /home/steve/Desktop/flexbuild_lsdk2004_update_290520/packages/linux/linux: No such file or directory. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/steve/Desktop/flexbuild_lsdk2004_update_290520/packages/linux'
Makefile:26: recipe for target 'build_kernel' failed
make[1]: *** [build_kernel] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/steve/Desktop/flexbuild_lsdk2004_update_290520/packages/linux'
Makefile:22: recipe for target 'linux' failed
make: *** [linux] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/steve/Desktop/flexbuild_lsdk2004_update_290520'

Steve

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

See the following page about error message in your log (RPC failed; result=56):
https://confluence.atlassian.com/stashkb/git-clone-fails-error-rpc-failed-result-56-http-code-200-69...

0 Kudos
Steve81800
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for your assistance which helps me to complete the whole process successfully. However, I still have some questions as follows:

Q1: I supposed there is a stage that the build would show me a "make menuconfig" so I can add some drivers into the Linux kernel, but there is not, what should I do?

Q2: I found there are 2 firmware image files as follows, what is the difference between them? Which one should I use?

firmware_ls1012afrwy_512mb_uboot_qspiboot.img
firmware_ls1012afrwy_uboot_qspiboot.img
Q3: If I want to use flex-installer to program the corresponding images to SD card, where is the bootpartition_LS_arm64_lts_5.4.tgz file, or how do I build it?

Q4: Since the full build process is taking horribly long, is there any shorter re-entry point if I make the following changes for my coming projects?

• Ethernet PHY: RTL8211B 2.5G PHY (Also how to modify the device tree?)
  • SDHC1: SD Card
  • SDHC2: eMMC (Also how to modify the device tree?)
  • Boot Sequence: SD --> eMMC

Steve

0 Kudos
Steve81800
Contributor II

Hi Pavel,

• firmware_ls1012afrwy_512mb_uboot_qspiboot.img
  • firmware_ls1012afrwy_uboot_qspiboot.img

Q3: If I want to use flex-installer to program the corresponding images to SD card, where is the bootpartition_LS_arm64_lts_5.4.tgz file? or how do I build it?

• Ethernet PHY: RTL8211B 2.5G PHY (Also how to modify the device tree?) 
  • SDHC1: SD Card
  • SDHC2: eMMC (Also how to modify the device tree?) 
  • Boot Sequence: SD --> eMMC

Steve

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q2:

The FRWY board schematics 30191 revs A and B had 512MB DDR3L. The Rev C board schematic has 256MB.
Rev A and B were early versions of this board.
The Rev C board has been shipping for a while now, and so a customer is more likely to have a Rev C.

The boards are shipped with a sticker on the underside indicating the schematic "SCH" revision. For the Rev C board, the sticker says "SCH-32169 REV C". Please see attached photo.

firmware_ls1012afrwy_512mb_uboot_qspiboot.img should be used if you have a Rev A or Rev B schematic board.
firmware_ls1012afrwy_uboot_qspiboot.img should be used if you have a SCH Rev C board.

0 Kudos