cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DemoKit library for AFIC10275n thermal simulation

MohMor
Contributor III

Hi,
AFIC10275n does not have any DemoKit library. so, what can I attach as thermal technology file when I want to perform thermal simulation in ADS? (no need to mention that we can define RTH, CTH, etc in large-signal model library)

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I attached a document on this topic.

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for power amplifier design purpose we recommend ADS and AWR models covering thermal effects (self-heating) inside device.

All RF high power product MET, FET2 and Root models available in Advanced Design System (ADS) design kits include package, bond wire and internal matching network effects.
The MET and FET2 models for RF high power transistors and RF ICs are nonlinear models that simulate electrical phenomena and account for dynamic self-heating. The MET and FET2 models are capable of performing small-signal, large-signal, harmonic-balance, and transient simulations.
Because of the ability to simulate self-heating, the MET and FET2 models enable circuit designers to predict prototype performance more accurately.

For ASD and AWR models please see page https://www.nxp.com/products/radio-frequency/rf-aerospace-and-defense/avionics/978-1090-mhz-250-w-pe... scroll down to models.

MohMor
Contributor III

thank you @ErikaC 

so we can not do the usual thermal simulation and we can just see thermal effects on the Bias points and other characteristic including gain, efficiency and etc. 
BUT some things is still unclear. 

1) The self-heating parameter for RFPA is not determined in datasheet. so what values do I choose for RTH1, RTH2, CTH, TSNK and etc?

2) we have two lead for the amplifier named thermal stage 1, 2. I have attached its image. nothing is said in the datasheet about this two lead. 

3) another lead is "temp sense" lead. can you explain about it?

thank you

0 Kudos