cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a new project issue in MCUXpresso IDE

Javad_Baig
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to create a new project using for frdm-kw38 board in MCUXpresso IDE. When I click on new project I can see the option only for LPC and other preinstalled part of NXP boards but not for frdm-kw38 board. Please let me how to install the board part without installing the SDK. Here I want to create a project without SDK support. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Javad

0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You must install the sdk firstly. And then you can create a new project or export the example. This two operations rely on the sdk.  

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Javad_Baig
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your support, I have one query here after installing sdk I don't want to import a project example instead I want to create a new project then add/link necessary libraries to the project example. I am adding the libraries in the include paths. I have added all the necessary files and libraries path is linked in include paths of MCU C compiler. I am facing an error here, it is showing few of the .c files are not included even though I have included it. 

Could you please let me know whether the procedure I am following is proper or any changes are required to execute the example without error.

Note:- Example I am taking here is D:\SDK_2.6.11_FRDM-KW38\boards\frdmkw38\wireless_examples\bluetooth\beacon\freertos

I have attached a picture of include path for reference.

Thanks,

Javad

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can refer this link to know how to add file and directory. If you have any other question, please create another post. Thank you.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos