cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE unexpected disconnected with error code "Instantpassed 0x28"

Ankit_Rajput
Contributor I

FRDM-KW41Z

I am currently encountering an issue with the FRDM-KW41Z development board from NXP regarding Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) disconnection. Specifically, when a function on the device takes longer than expected processing time, the BLE connection gets terminated, and I receive an error code "InstantPassed 0x28". Sometimes it happens in just 1-2 function calls and sometimes more than 5-7 times executed then disconnected.  

I am seeking guidance on potential strategies to mitigate or prevent this disconnection issue without altering the function causing the delay. Alternatively, I am interested in exploring adjustments to the BLE configuration settings that could potentially address or alleviate this problem.

If any community members have encountered similar challenges or possess insights into configuring the FRDM-KW41Z's BLE settings to prevent disconnections under such circumstances, I would greatly appreciate your advice and recommendations.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Ankit_Rajput
Contributor I

This is my project source code.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please provide more details on your setup? What is the IDE you are using? 

What SDK version are you using?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

Ankit_Rajput
Contributor I

I uses Kinetis IDE and SDK 2.2 version.
when we are using separately mcuXpresso (Wireless_UART FreeRTOS BLE code) from example without any changes in code, it is working fine and when we used to do some changes and add further processing functions of EPD for text rendering then it get disconnected unexpectedly while sending data through BLE
Might be there will be any problem with the code used to send data. I will provide piece of code that we have added to that please let me know, where we are going wrong.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please, make sure you are using the latest SDK version available for KW41 from the MCUXpresso SDK Builder. Also, MCUXpresso IDE for NXP MCUs has replaced the Kinetis Design Studio IDE as the recommended software development toolchain.

As mentioned in a previous reply, please consider that BLE applications have some time constrains that must be considered to avoid interrupting the stack process or destroying the connections. Perhaps this event could be caused by a software blocking the BLE stack operations and interrupting some time critical events.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

Ankit_Rajput
Contributor I

Hi Sir,

Thankyou for your prompt response, are you suggesting us to use MCU IDE instead of Kinetis IDE?
Also can you please help us to know how to prevent interrupting stack process and what changes we have to do and in specifically which file.
and please can you mention what are the functions handling stack process.

Warm regards 
Thankyou

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MCUXpresso IDE for NXP MCUs is the recommended software development toolchain.

I will recommend you consulting the BLE Application Developer's Guide (inside KW41 SDK docs folder > docs > wireless > Bluetooth). This document explains how to integrate the Bluetooth Low Energy Host Stack in an application and provides detailed explanations of the most commonly used APIs and code examples. This document also sets out the prerequisites and the initialization of the BLE Host Stack, followed by the presentation of APIs grouped by layers and by application role and the application structure.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos

EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Ankit_Rajput

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please provide more details on your setup?

Are you using any of the BLE demo applications from the KW41 SDK? If so, which one are you using? Also, what are the modifications you have added to the base source code?

Please consider that BLE applications have some time constrains that must be considered to avoid interrupting the stack process or destroying the connections. Perhaps this event could be caused by a software blocking the BLE stack operations and interrupting some time critical events.

Regards,
Eduardo.

0 Kudos