Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to repair USBDM_CF (PCB V2.1) JM60

Jump to solution
corso66
Contributor I

Hi every body !

My USBDM CF JM60 failed me from 3 days and i bougth another one quickly.

Therefore, i want try to repair this one by replacing the 44 pins JM60, as you can see in my picture (JM60 burned).

My problem, i don't find this version in PGO site, and i don't know if can inject the boot loader with my new BDM. I think USBDM header is P1, but i'm not sure. Is this PCB compatible with USBDM_CF_JM V3 ?

Can anyone help me please ?

Tahnk you,

Sylvain

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

You are correct that it appears different to the V3.1 USBDM/CF schematic that is in the flash folder.

I cannot locate a schematic version that corresponds to the PCB shown.  The V2 I have is a more compact double-sided board.  The one you have appears to be similar to the V3.1 board.  There are some differences that I do not recognise (power supply and the links) so I do not think I designed that board.  Perhaps someone produced a modified version.  I would try the USBDM_CF_JMxxCLD_V4.sx firmware that worked with both the V1.2 and V3 boards or contact the seller to confirm the image they are using.

You are correct that the programming interface for the JM60 is the standard 6-pin header.

bye

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
corso66
Contributor I

Hi @pgo, thank you for help.

I found FlashImages folder, and images.

corso66_0-1698063295710.png

My problem, I can't recognize my PCB version. Have you seen the version I have in the photo of my initial message ?

Do you know witch image i need to flash ? I must also to find the IPC header, i think is P1 (six pins), it's not 3 pins.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and congratulate you for your work for so many years.;-)

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

You are correct that it appears different to the V3.1 USBDM/CF schematic that is in the flash folder.

I cannot locate a schematic version that corresponds to the PCB shown.  The V2 I have is a more compact double-sided board.  The one you have appears to be similar to the V3.1 board.  There are some differences that I do not recognise (power supply and the links) so I do not think I designed that board.  Perhaps someone produced a modified version.  I would try the USBDM_CF_JMxxCLD_V4.sx firmware that worked with both the V1.2 and V3 boards or contact the seller to confirm the image they are using.

You are correct that the programming interface for the JM60 is the standard 6-pin header.

bye

0 Kudos
corso66
Contributor I

Hi,

I replaced the JM60 and put USBDM-JMxx-SER-CF, because the firts one was'nt been detected by USB driver.

So my bdm is running now.

Thank you very much for youre help

Bye

Sylvain

0 Kudos
corso66
Contributor I

Ok, if i look at theses connectors, i can program Kinetis ?

corso66_0-1698080102479.png

Do you think there is a risk to flash one or other image ?

That you told me, i will buy a new JM60 then flash it with USBDM_CF_JMxxCLD_V4.sx.

Thank you very much, i'll comeback to you if success

Have good evening,

Regard Sylvain

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

The USBDM_CF only support ARM JTAG interface used on SOME Kinetis devices.

The other versions support the more common SWD interface.

bye

0 Kudos
pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi,

Look in the USBDM installation folder.

I'm not sure exactly where this is on WIndows - something like...

pgo/usbdm/FlashImages/JMxx

There is a PDF and matching .sx files that should  allow you to identify the correct file.

NOTE: The JM60 does not have a bootloader.  You will need to use the new programmer to program the old one after replacing the chip.

The interface is marked GVB - look at the schematic.  You will need to make an adapter from the regular BDM to the three pins

bye

0 Kudos