PN5180 with linux_libnfc-nci or WRITE_NDEF

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180 with linux_libnfc-nci or WRITE_NDEF

riley_baird
Contributor I

I'm trying to use the PN5180 high-power NFC reader on Raspbian. This reader uses SPI. Whenever I try to send continuous NDEF messages (an image split into 200-byte parts) I always end up getting "Internal Error" (defined within the ph-status.h file) after a random number of messages sent. I am not sure if it's the receiver's fault or the reader's fault. Sometimes adding long 1-second delays helps it, but it's not guaranteed, and it takes sometimes 10 seconds to timeout on a send. I need the process to finish within 5 seconds maximum. 

The library that comes with it (SW3693) doesn't have any good examples for writing NDEF messages, it only has a bunch of "forum" examples, discovery loops, and edge-case solutions. The only one that is of any use is Example3_NFCForum, and I had to heavily modify that to do a simple NDEF message write using phalTop_WriteNdef().

Before this I had used the PN7150 (lower power) also on Raspbian. This library uses I2C instead of SPI, but it never once dropped a packet or got an internal error. It also has multiple actually useful examples, including a tag-write_example, which was what I modeled my image transfer program after.

I'd much prefer to use this library instead of the PN5180 libraries, or at least have an example that works consistently.

Can someone direct me to the correct resources?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you tell me where is the error? Or add "printf" for debugging to narrow down the issue?

0 Kudos