cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample code for communication between NTAG i2c Flex and FRDM k82f

chadisaliba
Contributor II

Hello,

i am using NTAG i2c plus Flex Kit, and i would like to have a sample code on how to use it with FRDM k82f.

Thank you,

Chadi SALIBA

11 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please go to https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/, and select NTAG I2C support as shown below, then you may download the latest ksdk with NTAG I2C plus demo.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mesdouaabderraz
Contributor III

Hello Kan,

Thank you for this demo, i have the same question than Mr, chadisaliba, i need a basic code for writing/reading data between two frdm-k82f kit using ntag-i2c NFC. (without using android application).

Best regards, 

Abderrazek MESDOUA.

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Abderrazek MESDOUA,

NXP NTAG I2C plus is a family of connected NFC tags that combine a passive NFC interface with a contact I²C interface. so it must work with a NFC reader to make RF interface available, so your scenario is no possible for this device.

Hi Chadi SALIBA,

do you also want to use this device in such kind of scenario? Please kindly clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

chadisaliba
Contributor II

Hello Mr Kan LI,

Yes, i have 2 FRDM k82f Kits and 2 NFC antenna Ntag I2c, and i want to exchange Data between them.

I chose this NFC device after i read in the Data sheet that i can write and read . Kindly find attached a screen shot of page 2 in the Data sheet of NT3H2111/NT3H2211.

If it is impossible to exchange data between the two kits using NT3H2111 of ntag i2c, do you have any suggestions on what can i use so i can make this data transfer between the kits. 

pastedImage_3.png

Best Regards,

Chadi SALIBA

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chadi SALIBA,

Replace one NTAG I2C with a NFC reader IC should make this application possible. Alternatively you may use two NFC reader IC and make them in P2P mode.

Have a great day,
Kan

mesdouaabderraz
Contributor III

Hello Mr Kan

I have exactly the same problem as sir chadisaliba.

I want to test this initiative with the NFC reader IC, can you please send me a link where I can find it.

thank you.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chadi SALIBA & Abderrazek MESDOUA,

If you prefer to NFC reader IC, I would recommend PN7120 or PN7150, there is also a FRDM-K64 demo available to work with either of them in P2P mode, you may download it from https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SW3735&appType=license&Parent_nodeId=1464843492338729907... 

The demo is based on the latest ksdk 2.2, so it should be easy to port to FRDM-K82F. Please refer to the following for details.

* Support for all NCI based NXP's NFC Controller (e.g PN7120, PN7150)
 * Support FRDM-K64F NXP's Microcontoller Units
 * Based of KSDK 1.3, KSDK 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2
 * Demonstrates:
    o NFC Forum tags reading (read NDEF message)
    o P2P (NDEF message exchange through NFC Forum SNEP protocol)
    o Type 4 Tag Emulation
    o NFC Forum T2T and T4T tag writing (write NDEF message)
    o Raw tag (non-NDEF) access (MIFARE, ISO14443-4, ISO14443-3A and ISO15693)
    o Multiple tag support (up to 2 of the same technology or multi-protocol card)

pastedImage_3.png

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

mesdouaabderraz
Contributor III

Hello Mr Kan

I have bought the NXP NFC Controller PN7120 , but it's rather difficult to take in the hand. 

Because there is no demo for the k82, There is only one FRDM-K64 demonstration available, Which I can not to port to FRDM-K82F, Can you please tell me What are the main steps to follow to do it.

thank you.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi MESDOUA Abderrazek,

Sorry for the late reply! I just finished the porting guide for FRDM-K82F, please kindly refer to Porting Guide for NXPNCI-KDS_Example_KSDK2.2 for details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

chadisaliba
Contributor II

Hello Mr Kan LI,

Thank you for your quick reply,

I need to read/write data from both FRDM k82f kits so i think i need two NFC reader IC in this case,

can you please give me suggestions on what NFC reader IC i can use that is compatible with the FRDM k82f.

Best Regards,

Chadi SALIBA

0 Kudos

chadisaliba
Contributor II

Dear Kan,

Thank you for the link, i already have this demo examples, but what i

need is just a basic code for sending information using the NFC Ntag i2c

kit,

and another for receiving.

It is very important so i can progress in my development.

Kind Regards,

Chadi SALIBA