cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN5180 TVDD 3.3V vs 5V

LGarcia
Contributor I

Hello!

I am designing a board utilizing the PN5180. It is a long-lifespan battery constrained application, so power efficiency is my foremost concern.

I see that in the relevant datasheet, applications notes, and other documentation that the recommended supply voltage for TVDD is 5V, separate from the MCU's main supply of 3.3V.

I do not readily generate 5V in our design and I'd like to not waste componentry and energy loss on something that may not be necessary.

What are the consequences, if known, of running TVDD on the same 3.3V rail as the rest of the PN5180?

Thank you for your time.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @LGarcia 

It seems the same question with the case you submitted via the online support. I will answer the question via the case. Please kindly let me know if any question.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos