Newly purchased OM27462CDKP cannot connect to NFC Cockpit, PC doesn't recognize Vcom port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly purchased OM27462CDKP cannot connect to NFC Cockpit, PC doesn't recognize Vcom port

nybornhawk
Contributor I

Upon receiving the newly purchased board, I haven't made any modifications. I simply connected it to the PC via USB and installed NFC Cockpit. However, I noticed that the Vcom port didn't appear, and the GPIO LEDs 9 to 12 on the board are continuously flashing.

1.png

Later, I attempted to adjust the JP5 jumper according to section 5.2 of the PN7462 Quick Start Guide, switching it to 3V3 or VBUS, but there was no change in the result.

I'm wondering if the board was shipped without firmware. Do I need to download firmware myself to use NFC Cockpit? If so, which firmware file should I download? Is it the NxpNfcCockpit_EMVCo_05_06_00_Flash.bin located in C:\nxp\NxpNfcCockpit_v8.0.0.0\firmware\PN7462AU?

Or could there be another reason? Could you please help me identify the issue? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @nybornhawk 

If you can not see the VCOM port.  I would suggest you try the VCOM driver,  it is in the cockpit installation folder.

C:\nxp\NxpNfcCockpit_v7.4.0.0\VCOM

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos