cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTAG424

Mayzz03
Contributor I

Hello,

I am currently developing a mobile application (C#/MAUI) that uses NFC. I want to integrate support for NTAG 424 and SUN into my application.

I have consulted the documentation on the subject NT4H2421Gx.pdf and AN12196.pdf but this documentation does not seem intended for developers. I have a lot of trouble understanding the APDU commands to send and also the 5-key authentication system. I find the documentation very confusing. However, I am passionate about IOT and I regularly consult the technical sheets of the components that I use in my projects. I am therefore a little familiar with this type of very technical documentation even if electronics is not really my job.

The problem with NT4H2421Gx.pdf is that it only lists exchanges in table form, without really explaining the transformations carried out between each exchange. Sometimes it is quite simple to deduce what to do and other times it is completely impossible. Also the documentation seems quite amateurish, sometimes the commands are broken down with CLA, INS, P1, P2 the next time it is directly the concatenation of the whole which is indicated without specifying that it is a command . This documentation is completely deconstructed and does not follow any consistent format. I suppose it must even be very difficult for experts to understand. Because it is not a concern of the complexity of the technology but above all a lack of information and a structure of the document which is constantly changing. This documentation looks like it's a rough draft, a note taken by an intern.

By doing research on the internet, I see that my feeling is shared by many people. I also tried AI and even after submitting the documentation, I couldn't get any help.

I wonder if there is real documentation written by professionals and intended for the general public for NTAG 424 or at least articles on the subject describing step by step how to proceed. Personally, I consider that the documentation on the NTAG 424 is currently non-existent.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello sir, I've been assigned to support your case.

I appreciate your interest in our products.

Since this is a security-related product, the full information requires to have access to the secure files. Unfortunately, this requires signing an NDA under a registered company. Otherwise, the support and access will have to be done through any of our Distributors.

For further information, please take a look at the following FAQ: https://www.nxp.com/support/support/non-disclosure-agreement-faqs:NDA-FAQS

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos