MFRC630/CLRC663 Output example

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFRC630/CLRC663 Output example

jof
Contributor I

I did scan the official nfc library for the clrc663 (which is mostly the same as te mfrc630) for any examples to use the Output Pins as digital Outputs.

My own implentation does work- but not very well.

Does anyone have a working example to set and reset a output pin of these IC's to compare my implementation?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jof
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

I have my own library and here is what i'm doing.

• Check EEPROM Page 0, Byte 33 if the Boundary Scan is enabled, if yes, disable it (otherwise Outputs do not work)
  • Configure the output:
    write_reg(0x44, 0x0F)  //set 0-3 as output
  • Enable the output:
    write_reg(0x45, 0x01) //set out 0
  • While loop until read_reg(0x45) == 0x01

Basically it works, but it does not continously. In the Datasheet the ouputs are described as "Output Buffer of XXX Pin" which makes me wonder where its buffered?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the information! The process looks fine, but where is the problem you met? Please help to clarify.

The output buffer is the hardware module driving the pin.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jof
Contributor I

The Problem shows in two ways,

I'm actively checking if the write action was sucessfull by read out the register that it contains the value that i've sent. This is the case, but the output is still off. For example i've wrote 0x01, to turn output 0 on, the register contains 0x01, but oscilloscope probe do not see any signal change. This does happen some times in the ordonary cycle of code (other reader functions). To validate that no other piece of code does change the outputs, i'm always configuring the outputs again before writing.

The second issue i see, is that even when i configure "0x44 to 0xFF" (all Pins are outputs) and watch the expressions of read_reg(0x45) in software, the register sometimes contains odd values. It looks like some output signals are generated "autmatically", because it even happens when i only read the register.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jonathan,

I tried with CLEV6630B, probing SIGIN pin with the following code, the result is always good. and SIGIN pin kept high even I let the example run freely. I am not sure if you could try it on a CLEV6630B as well.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Are you testing it based on CLEV6630B or a custom PCB? Is these any external connection with these pins?

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I am sorry, but no example available. The pin configuration is simple, only 4 registers are related with this function. Please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

and you may use the API from the NFC reader library to set up these registers directly.

pastedImage_2.png

Hope that makes sense,

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos