Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program example code to PN7462 board

Jump to solution
phanids
Contributor I

Hello,

Seems I am missing something basic - and any of your suggestion would help me a lot.

I have recently purchased OM27462CDKP development kit. Downloaded the FW and SW full examples from https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/nfc-controller-development-kit:OM27462CDKP ...installed MCU Expresso and imported these example files, and build all - it looks like as below.

phanids_0-1697299861317.png

Now I am stuck on

a. Which file I need to download to the board

b. How to download the code

My configuration looks as below

phanids_1-1697300363435.png

when I try to run the code by clicking on green "Play" button in the IDE, I get below errors. 

Error starting process.

Cannot run program "...\NxpNfcRdLib_PN7462_v06.10.00_Pub\ExamplesPN7462AU\phExMain\mcux\DebugPN7462AU\PN7462AU_ex_phExMain_mcux.axf": Launching failed

Cannot run program "...\NxpNfcRdLib_PN7462_v06.10.00_Pub\ExamplesPN7462AU\phExMain\mcux\DebugPN7462AU\PN7462AU_ex_phExMain_mcux.axf": Launching failed

Cannot run program "....\NxpNfcRdLib_PN7462_v06.10.00_Pub\ExamplesPN7462AU\phExMain\mcux\DebugPN7462AU\PN7462AU_ex_phExMain_mcux.axf": Launching failed

Basically my requirement is to send some APDU commands and accordingly set some LED's.

With best regards,

//P

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @phanids :

For downloading a project, I would suggest you use a MCU PRO link or LPC-LINK 2 , please refer to AN 11022.  

section 5.5  Running and debugging a project

Though this application note for RC663, it also applies to PN7462

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11022.pdf

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
phanids
Contributor I

Hi Daniel, Fabian (who has helped me to finalize this board), Thanks a lot and lot. It worked and I am able to download the code to board and also run some of the examples. In fact I am having a customized card and I am able to communicate to it. Thanks again a lot.

Couple of questions - more from understanding and clearing my doubts.

1. Currently there are so many project folders - I am using PN7462AU_ex_phExMain_mcux project (which is inside phExMain). I am using contact card - and I thought phExCT7816 to be used - but this project itself has those calls - but inside phExMain_Ct.c. So 7816 and CT cards are different (I thought contact card is always 7816 card).

2. When do we use phExCT7816/ phExCTEMVCo/ phExCt explicitly? Or are these projects are there for references and PN7462AU_ex_phExMain_mcux (inside phExMain) is the overall example of using all these different possible cards?

3. Is there any document (or guide) to understand these different variety of cards (so that I can propose which card to be used for particular use case)? I just googled it - seems there are lot of data - but if you have any suggestion for layman like me - it would be easy to start at some source.

4. Also is there any way I can create a independent project and pull in only required capabilities (just to reduce the ROM size) - may be without using RTOS (again to save the ROM). If you have these kind of details handy - please pass it on.

Thanks again and your replies are very useful to me.

With best regards,

//P

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @phanids :

For downloading a project, I would suggest you use a MCU PRO link or LPC-LINK 2 , please refer to AN 11022.  

section 5.5  Running and debugging a project

Though this application note for RC663, it also applies to PN7462

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11022.pdf

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos