How can you Flash (Not Debug) the NFC Library onto a CLRC663?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you Flash (Not Debug) the NFC Library onto a CLRC663?

joseph_kielasa
Contributor I

When I flash an example from the nfc library onto the NFC chip, the chip wont execute the program. When I debug, the program works after I execute via the start button. I believe it is something in the initialization, but I don't know where. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I believe there is a confusion here with the reader's types.

• Programmable NFC Controller: These highly integrated devices combine an NFC frontend with a freely programmable 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 microcontroller. They are the optimal solution for very compact footprints and function as your main system microcontroller.
  • NFC controller with integrated firmware: These plug-and-play solutions combine an NFC frontend with a 32-bit Cortex®-M0 microcontroller equipped with integrated firmware, and are optimized for use with application processors. They come with Linux™, Android™, and WinIoT drivers, and include an NCI interface.
  • NFC Frontend: These NFC devices are the most flexible way to add NFC connectivity to a system. The NFC stack runs on the separate system MCU. All our NFC frontends are supported by our NFC Reader Library, so design-in is fast and easy.

In this case the CLRC663 it's an NFC Frontend, so the stack can't be on the device as it should have a host MCU to send the different commands to the CLRC663.

If you have further questions, just let me know. 

Regards 

Estephania 

0 Kudos