cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT RC130 Security Co-processor for Hitag S

abderr
Contributor II

Hello, 

In the Hitag S datasheet I found out that to use the tag in the Authentication mode I need to execute a challenge command. The command require the generation of 32 Bit secret data stream using security co-processor:

The Read/Write Device sends a 32 Bit Random Number (RND) and a 32 Bit secret data stream to the
transponder. In order to perform the secret data stream, the Philips security coprocessor HT RC130 is
required. If the received secret data stream corresponds with the secret data stream calculated by the
HITAG S Transponder, a 32 Bit Secret Response (secret data stream encrypting the configuration byte
CON 2, password high byte PWDH 0 and password low Bytes PWDL 0 and PWDL 1) is transmitted after the
SOF.

I didn't find any information (datasheets) of the HT RC130 co-processor or where to buy It. Is still in production. If not, what is the replacement?

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @abderr 

To use HITAG S in Authentication mode it is required to implement the encryption algorithm
used in HITAG S. This algorithm is not public available. To get access to this algorithm a software license agreement needs to be signed with NXP.
Signing such an agreement will require deeper discussions on the application and is subject to legal approval.

so please establish an NDA with NXP by going to  https://www.nxp.com/support/support:SUPPORTHOME and select "Request an NDA"

KellyLi_0-1710648766202.png

BR

kelly

0 Kudos