Dynamic roles in P2P communication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic roles in P2P communication

giovanni1393
Contributor I

Hello everyone, I'm new to the nxp community.

I would like to receive information about the use of the PN532 (elechouse V4 - or PN7150 w/OM13071) in P2P .
I have the following scenario:
- N devices that can connect with each other and exchange a certain type of stored and non-changeable data over time.
I had thought of a P2P connection between two devices set as initiator and target.
I successfully tried and tested in I2C, 2 devices in active communication p2p and it works as predicted.

Let's suppose we have 3 devices (or more..)

A: set as initiator
B: set as target
C: set as target

If I try to connect A and B the communication works, as well as it does for A and C.
The problem occurs if two expected targets or two initiators try to be interconnected, because the connection cannot begin.
(Ex.) Connection between B and C (both set as target) is impossibile.

The number of devices in the system is not defined, it could be 2, 10, 100 or 200 all connectable to each other.
Is there a "dynamic" way to set the devices to initiator and target after the respective fields are detected by each other?
Or any way to create a connection between two devices (of the N devices system) when they are placed nearby without setting a priori whether it is going to be initiator or target?

I hope someone can help me, I have been stuck on this problem for weeks..

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf58474
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi giovanni1393@gmail.com,

Hope you are doing well. The Peer to Peer is a NFC Mode of operation, that exchanges data between NFC devices.

The P2P passive mode, needs the Initiator to generate the RF field, then sends commands to the Target, and then the Target responds using backwards modulation to transmit the response.

The P2P active mode, needs the initiator sends the commands (generates the field, send the commands by modulating and then cuts the field). And then the Target responds (generates his own field and transmit by modulating).

This communication mode needs an Initiator device and a Target device.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos