Can I run multiple pn-7150 on the same (or different) i2c buses with the pn-52xx kernel driver (or HAL)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run multiple pn-7150 on the same (or different) i2c buses with the pn-52xx kernel driver (or HAL)

ryan_sturmer
Contributor I

I am integrating the 7150 into my application, and there is need for multiple readers.  I am rifling through the libnfc-nci stack with the intent on using the pn-52xx kernel driver in our application.  It looks to me as if there is no way to support multiple devices on the same system - is this correct?  I would like to have two readers, either on the same i2c bus at different addresses, or possibly on two different busses if this is not possible.  Can this be achieved without substantial modification to the driver, the libnfc layer, or both?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Ryan Sturmer,

this is not considered in the current architecture, you can install 2 pn5xx-i2c kernel driver assigned to different I2C address (and different GPIOSs) if the source code is updated to mount them with 2 different names (usually /dev/pn544, could be /dev/pn544_1 and /dev/pn544_2 for instance.) then the library can be modified to connect to the appropiate device node.

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos