cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLRC663 and ILT-M tags

fredj0207
Contributor I

HI,

I'm currently tring to make our CLRC663 based board working with ILT-M tags. 

For that, I get some part of code in the NxpNfcRdLib_07.05.00 and other part in code provided in SW335613. 

The RFLibrary is not suitable as it cannot help to perform inventory of many tags. 

SW335613's  Inventory_18000p3m3 is more suitable for this purpose.  However please note that the code for Q adaptation is not working as the line fQ = round(fQ) (line 172) is not correct.  Q will never change if C is lower then 0.51. This line should be removed. 

Whatever, with all settings from NxpNfcRdLib_07.05.00 and algorithm based upon SW335613 I have very poor RF performances with the sample tags I get from you. 

Same board is working well up to 6cm range with ISO15693 tag but only 0.5 with ILT tags.   This is very disappointing. 

How  much power does an ILT tag require ?

Does an ILT tag required such power that it is not suitable to be used with standard desktop RF reader with small antenna ?

Regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

fredj0207
Contributor I

Hi,

We understand why we get such results. 

ILT Tags we have received from NXP (SMARTRAC 5x5cm) are turned to 53 MHz to support stacking.

With such tuning the RF performances are very limited when tags are not stacked. RF performances increase when stacking. 

0 Kudos

Fabian_R
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for using our products.

Could you please test our NFC Reader Library, the examples NfcrdlibEx3_NFCForum and, Nfcrdlib_SimplifiedAPI_ISO both examples should be able to detect 18000p3m3 tags.

You shouldn't have any issues using our CLRC663 Evaluation board for detecting these tags. In case you do, please share with us the log of the example. This will provide us with a little more information about what could be happening.

Best Regards,
Fabian
0 Kudos