cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic questions about JAVA Applet development

priyanka_priyad
Contributor II
Hello,
This question is just to get some theoretical knowledge about writing a JAVA Applet.
I have worked on NXP SE050 smart card which already had a JCOP 4, Java applet installed on it.So I have an idea how do we communicate with smart card using this applet.
But now I need to write a new java applet for my smart card (NXP A7006) which just has JCOP 2.4.2 installed on it.
I am new to JAVA Applet development for JAVA cards. Can someone please guide me briefly about the procedure we must follow.
I have few questions like: 
1. The datasheet of my smart card says it has JCOP(Java Card Open Platform) 2.4.2 installed on it. So do I need to use this JCOP operating system to write JAVA Applet for my smart card? 
2. Is there any tool which I should use to write JAVA Applet? 
I would be grateful if someone can help me out in this.
Thank you!
Priyanka
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Priyanka Priyadarshini,

Hope you are doing great, as you may know the JCOP information is secured under NDA ( Non Disclosure Agreement) this means that all the information, tools and support should be delivered using secured calculation channels and only to customers with active NDA. in order to get information about this please contact your closest distributor.

Have a great day !

BR

Jonathan

0 Kudos