localhost:7224 error -Issue while Downloading/Using MBDT Example Project for S32K3XX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

localhost:7224 error -Issue while Downloading/Using MBDT Example Project for S32K3XX

Jump to solution
Ajay_R
Contributor II

Hello,

i have installed the MBD toolbox for S32K3XX as per the installation guide. Now, I'm trying to download the example projects with S32K344 development Board. For me, while downloading example projects .bin, .elf files and all binary outputs are generated Successfully. But still I'm facing localhost:7224 error. For your reference, i attached the image. 

So, please let me know the solution to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  @Ajay_R ,

It looks like you are using the MBDT for S32K3 (version 1.0.0). The latest MBDT version for S32K3 is 1.2.0. Could you download it and run the example on the board again to see if you encounter the same issue?

Another suggestion is to power off and then back on the board using the power switch right after you first plug in the power cable. This way, you avoid some scenarios where the board enters a continuous reset state that can cause a download problem.

Please let us know if it solves your problem or additional information is required from our side.

Best regards,

Victor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Ajay_R ,

I see that you have the toolbox installed in the default Matlab Addons path which contains spaces. It looks like we have a problem with our jlink script when it comes to paths that include spaces. 

I have a solution for this; simply follow the steps below:

• download the attached archive s32k3_patch.zip
  • extract the archive inside the NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K3xx root folder found at  Matlab Add-ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K3xx
  • After this, you should find 2 files as in the picture below. Run the jlinkPatch.p file with Matlab as in the picture to add the fix inside the toolbox.

georgevictor_0-1668778321881.png

• try again to download the app using the same script inside the app folder that I mentioned in the previous post: mbd_s32k3.download.jlink('s32k3xx_dio_ebt.bin', 'mcu', 'S32K344', 'jlink', 'C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\JLink.exe').

Hope this helps you. Let us know if everything works fine after this fix.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Ajay_R
Contributor II

Hi @georgevictor 

As per your instructions I tried. But still, it is showing the same error. Kindly look into the Attached image.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

0 Kudos
georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The automatic download method is still disabled for jlink. You need to manually use the command: 

• mbd_s32k3.download.jlink('s32k3xx_dio_ebt.bin', 'mcu', 'S32K344', 'jlink', 'C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\JLink.exe')

The fix was for the problem with spaces inside the toolbox path that caused issues in the jlink script.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Ajay_R
Contributor II

Hi @georgevictor 

Thanks for your reply. As you said I downloaded the .zip file and pasted in root folder(C:\Users\Uxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K3xx).

Now for Example, I want to download s32k344_pwm_led_s32ct Project.

So, as you said first, I Run the jlinkPatch.p file with Matlab.

Then, My Project Location is: C:\Users\Uxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S32K3xx\S32K3_Examples\pwm\s32k344_pwm_led_s32ct

So, I open the s32k344_pwm_led_s32ct Project folder in Matlab. Then, in Command window I run the below Mentioned command

mbd_s32k3.download.jlink('s32k344_pwm_led_s32ct.bin', 'mcu', 'S32K344', 'jlink', 'C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\JLink.exe')

After that, project is not downloaded. Reference (see Error_1.PNG image).

Note: For me, Jlink.exe is also located in same location.

Please Let me know, if you any other information.

0 Kudos
georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Ajay_R ,

I've just uploaded a new patch. Can you apply it the same as the old one and then try to use the jlink script? Thanks.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Ajay_R
Contributor II

Hi @georgevictor 

Yes. Finally, we Got a solution.

Now, I'm able to download the project.

Thank you @georgevictor. Because of you, it's done.

one more thing, your replies also looking good. For that, once again thank you.

And thank you for NXP Community for giving support and solutions to customers.

georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  @Ajay_R ,

It looks like you are using the MBDT for S32K3 (version 1.0.0). The latest MBDT version for S32K3 is 1.2.0. Could you download it and run the example on the board again to see if you encounter the same issue?

Another suggestion is to power off and then back on the board using the power switch right after you first plug in the power cable. This way, you avoid some scenarios where the board enters a continuous reset state that can cause a download problem.

Please let us know if it solves your problem or additional information is required from our side.

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Ajay_R
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your Reply.  As per your reply, I have tried with latest MBDT version 1.2.0. for S32K3 and Now I'm facing power supply issue. for your reference I attached the image. But my Board is connected with power supply. So, could you please tell me the solution as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Ajay_R ,

Could you please provide us with more information about your setup so that we can assist you with the encountered problem?

It would be helpful to know:

- the evaluation board that you are using. Is it a standard S32K344, or a custom design board

- a picture with the board  and the hardware connections after you tried to download the application on it

- the Matlab version that you are using

- did you try to run another example rather than s32k344_pwm_led?

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Ajay_R
Contributor II

Thank for reply. I wrote my answer in below as per your questions.

Q1). The evaluation board that you are using. Is it a standard S32K344, or a custom design board
Ans: Yes, I'm using Standard S32K3X4EVB-Q257 Board(See Matlab_0.PNG image).

Q2). A picture with the board and the hardware connections after you tried to download the application on it?
Ans: For your Reference I attached a image(See Matlab_2.PNG image).To Download my project I'm using Segger j-link Debugger(i Mentioned in the Matlab_2.PNG image)

Q3). The Matlab version that you are using?
Ans: I'm using MATLAB version 2022a(see Matlab_3.PNG image).

Q4). Did you try to run another example rather than s32k344_pwm_led?.
Ans: I tried different example projects, like dio, CAN, PWM. For every project it is showing same error.

Note: I am able to download with S32 Design Studio

0 Kudos
georgevictor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Hurstovat ,

I see that you are using the Segger j-link Debugger to download the app onto the board. Currently, we don't have the j-link option enabled to download the executable file automatically but we are taking it into consideration for the next release. 

However, you can manually download the executable file using the following script:

- mbd_s32k3.download.jlink, this script needs to be run from the Matlab command window with the desired parameters, an example of how to run this command is: 

• mbd_s32k3.download.jlink('s32k3xx_dio_ebt.bin', 'mcu', 'S32K344', 'jlink', 'C:\Program Files\SEGGER\JLink\JLink.exe').
  • You need to have JLink installed and use its location in our script.

- for further information you can access the jlink help by running the following command in Matlab :

• help mbd_s32k3.download.jlink

Let us know if this helped you.

Best regards,

Victor

Ajay_R
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. As you said, I tried that method. but still I'm facing errors. For your reference I attached a image.

Please let me know, if you need any other information.

0 Kudos