Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hvbmu2_read_s32ct example is not initializing please help

Jump to solution
yassinechamam
Contributor II

Hi,

we are trying to connect the RD-K344BMU with RD33775ACNCEVB and . i am successfully debugging the hvbmu2_read_s32ct on the board but i noticed that the whenever i pause the code it stay in the loop :

yassinechamam_0-1714057807458.png

i am not familiar with the Transaction Descriptor so that i do not know what it actually does. Can someone please orient me to what the problem can be ? 

i am connecting the board as in the picture bellow: 

yassinechamam_1-1714057912997.png

attached is a copy of the Example Model i am using.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @yassinechamam 

Thank you for using MBDT for your BMS project!

I've noticed that you have multiple questions posted here, all around the same scenario: you want to actually communicate across the BMS Reference Design but the one designed around CAN and not TPL. Unfortunately, all the examples delivered with the MBDT for BMS are designed to work with the ETPL kit, so right away deploying any of the examples will not run successfully on your setup. But luckily I think be might be able to do it using MBDT.  

The MBDT uses an external configuration tool to generate code for the peripherals settings, and in Simulink, you can implement your algorithm. The examples come all with the suffix S32CT (S32 Configuration tools) or EBT (EB tresos Studio) meaning the external configuration tool used to configure the peripherals. In your case, you are using the MBDT with the S32CT, the one delivered with the MBDT so nothing extra to be installed.

Transaction Descriptors represent the commands buffer which are sent and received over the bus between the BMU and CMU or BJB. The main idea here is that using the MBDT blocks you have to Populate the TD, Send the TD over the bus (and wait for a response) then Decode the TD, and finally clear the TD so that you have it empty for the next process. The image below shows how the interface with these blocks: Blocks need to be used in a certain order. If you open any of the blocks, then you can press the Configure button to launch the external configuration tool, and once these settings are performed, you have to press the Refresh button so that the blocks are updated with the new settings from the external configuration tools.

mariuslucianand_0-1714143422960.png

Now, the issue you mentioned in the debug stage is normal, because of two reasons:

1. you are not using that kit, you are aiming for a CAN communication, so it fails sending commands on the TPL.

2. debug won't work in this case, because the CMU 775/774 goes to sleep after 1 sec of inactivity, and when you are running it in debug mode, the CMU enters in sleep mode, right away so eventually the transfer fails.

The image you attached represents the RD-HVBMSCTBUN kit and not the HWRD-HVBMSCC the one you might have thinking that you are mentioning that your board name is RD33775ACNCEVB. 

There are two options here:

1. In the other post you requested how to modify the example from ETPL to work on CAN, I am going to give you the instructions on how to modify the S32CT example, but you have to run it on your side, because I don't have access to the HWRD-HVBMSCC kit.

2. To rapidly run the example you mentioned, you can still connect to the TPL, but you have to power up the 4x MC33775 via the emulator and via TPL connect ONLY the RD-K344BMU.TPL1 to the RD33775ACNCEVB.J30. In this way, the example you attached will only read the voltages for the CMU, and use the TPL Loopback as the main bus, so the MC33775 will be enumerated in the reversed normal order. Once you deploy the code on the board, just connect to the board via FreeMASTER as the example instructions suggest. Please don't try to debug it as is because the 775 will enter sleep mode.

Method 2, is only for testing purposes and enables you to right away see some voltages. The right approach is 1, so again, I will provide to you with complete instructions set on how to address the HVBMS over CAN using the MBDT.

We are aware of your requests and will try to support you, but keep in mind that the team answering this community space is the development team and not a dedicated support team, and sometimes the responses might be delayed.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @yassinechamam 

Thank you for using MBDT for your BMS project!

I've noticed that you have multiple questions posted here, all around the same scenario: you want to actually communicate across the BMS Reference Design but the one designed around CAN and not TPL. Unfortunately, all the examples delivered with the MBDT for BMS are designed to work with the ETPL kit, so right away deploying any of the examples will not run successfully on your setup. But luckily I think be might be able to do it using MBDT.  

The MBDT uses an external configuration tool to generate code for the peripherals settings, and in Simulink, you can implement your algorithm. The examples come all with the suffix S32CT (S32 Configuration tools) or EBT (EB tresos Studio) meaning the external configuration tool used to configure the peripherals. In your case, you are using the MBDT with the S32CT, the one delivered with the MBDT so nothing extra to be installed.

Transaction Descriptors represent the commands buffer which are sent and received over the bus between the BMU and CMU or BJB. The main idea here is that using the MBDT blocks you have to Populate the TD, Send the TD over the bus (and wait for a response) then Decode the TD, and finally clear the TD so that you have it empty for the next process. The image below shows how the interface with these blocks: Blocks need to be used in a certain order. If you open any of the blocks, then you can press the Configure button to launch the external configuration tool, and once these settings are performed, you have to press the Refresh button so that the blocks are updated with the new settings from the external configuration tools.

mariuslucianand_0-1714143422960.png

Now, the issue you mentioned in the debug stage is normal, because of two reasons:

1. you are not using that kit, you are aiming for a CAN communication, so it fails sending commands on the TPL.

2. debug won't work in this case, because the CMU 775/774 goes to sleep after 1 sec of inactivity, and when you are running it in debug mode, the CMU enters in sleep mode, right away so eventually the transfer fails.

The image you attached represents the RD-HVBMSCTBUN kit and not the HWRD-HVBMSCC the one you might have thinking that you are mentioning that your board name is RD33775ACNCEVB. 

There are two options here:

1. In the other post you requested how to modify the example from ETPL to work on CAN, I am going to give you the instructions on how to modify the S32CT example, but you have to run it on your side, because I don't have access to the HWRD-HVBMSCC kit.

2. To rapidly run the example you mentioned, you can still connect to the TPL, but you have to power up the 4x MC33775 via the emulator and via TPL connect ONLY the RD-K344BMU.TPL1 to the RD33775ACNCEVB.J30. In this way, the example you attached will only read the voltages for the CMU, and use the TPL Loopback as the main bus, so the MC33775 will be enumerated in the reversed normal order. Once you deploy the code on the board, just connect to the board via FreeMASTER as the example instructions suggest. Please don't try to debug it as is because the 775 will enter sleep mode.

Method 2, is only for testing purposes and enables you to right away see some voltages. The right approach is 1, so again, I will provide to you with complete instructions set on how to address the HVBMS over CAN using the MBDT.

We are aware of your requests and will try to support you, but keep in mind that the team answering this community space is the development team and not a dedicated support team, and sometimes the responses might be delayed.

Hope this helps,

Marius

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
yassinechamam
Contributor II
Hello @mariuslucianand ,
are there any news to the instructions ?
0 Kudos
yassinechamam
Contributor II

Hello @mariuslucianand ,

Thank you very much for your response. I tried method 2 and now i can see Voltages. 

Thank you for your suppor, i will be waiting for the instructions about how to modify the model so that i can use TPL communication. 

For the BJB is the communication also standard or should i connect it otherwise ?

0 Kudos