您的意思是: 
已解决

cannot connect to MPC5744P

跳至解决方案
1,494 次查看
hoeldMech
Contributor I

Hi,

im trying to make the ADC example from MBDT running on MPC5744P. The simulink model was flashed properly so I can get the LED feedback. But I cannot get any connection to the board by FreeMaster, Tera Term or putty. I've tried several settings already. I get the error "could not open communication port" instead. Do you have any advice?

Thanks an best regards

0 项奖励
1 解答
1,483 次查看
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @hoeldMech

The reason for the issue you are facing is most likely related to the board's version. If you have the MPC5744P rev E, you have to open the FreeMaster_Config block, and please change the Interface to Serial0 and select the PB2 and PB3 pins.

mariuslucianand_0-1636042686021.png

The ready-to-run examples for the MPC5744P come with the setting for a previous revision of the board, where the serial connection to the OpenSDA was UART1. Unfortunately, this has changed and the settings for both Serial and FreeMaster have to be updated.

Also, make sure that you connect the FreeMaster with the board after the application has been started be executing. When you reset or power up the board, it will enter RappID bootloader ( Which you may have already flashed on the board using the S32DS for PA) and will execute the bootloader for 6-7 seconds while it waits for a new application over CAN or UART. Otherwise, it will load the existing application from Flash.

Hope this helps,

Marius

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
2 回复数
1,484 次查看
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @hoeldMech

The reason for the issue you are facing is most likely related to the board's version. If you have the MPC5744P rev E, you have to open the FreeMaster_Config block, and please change the Interface to Serial0 and select the PB2 and PB3 pins.

mariuslucianand_0-1636042686021.png

The ready-to-run examples for the MPC5744P come with the setting for a previous revision of the board, where the serial connection to the OpenSDA was UART1. Unfortunately, this has changed and the settings for both Serial and FreeMaster have to be updated.

Also, make sure that you connect the FreeMaster with the board after the application has been started be executing. When you reset or power up the board, it will enter RappID bootloader ( Which you may have already flashed on the board using the S32DS for PA) and will execute the bootloader for 6-7 seconds while it waits for a new application over CAN or UART. Otherwise, it will load the existing application from Flash.

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 项奖励
1,487 次查看
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

MBDT team could advise on UART or FreeMASTER configuration in MatLAB environment. Moved to MBDT community space.