The error of Matlab Motor Control Toolbox for MATLAB / Simulink MBD supporting S32K1.0 library

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The error of Matlab Motor Control Toolbox for MATLAB / Simulink MBD supporting S32K1.0 library

Jump to solution
binqin
Contributor III

I am using S32K144 development board,and I would like to use Matlab Motor Control Toolbox for MATLAB / Simulink MBD supporting S32K1.0 library. After I open the example project and compile ,the error occurred as shown in figure 1.Also,the error occurred as shown in figure 2 when I installed the license.So I only can use DOS method to obtain Host ID as shown in figure 3,but the Host ID was ae8a8. Is there any association?Can you help me solve the problem?1.jpgp12.jpgp23.jpgp3

1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tony, 

The problem is in the toolbox - it is now logged as AST-619. The DISK_SERIAL_NUM is always assumed to be 8 char long.

The license generation on the website works correctly and we can't change it.

We have a quick fix for you - kind request to test it again - an confirm the results. If that is OK we will publish a hot fix.

So, 

Please replace there 2 files:

- {install dir}\MBDToolbox\mbdtbx_S32K\mbdtbx_s32k\mscripts\checkers\ folder mbd_s32k_cc_data_check.p

- {install dir}\MBDToolbox\mbdtbx_S32K\mbdtbx_s32k\mscripts\matlab_ui\ forlder mbd_s32k_hostid.p

Hope this time will work.

Thank you!

Daniel

View solution in original post

15 Replies
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bin Qin, 

I'm a bit confused about your setup. You said you have installed the  Motor Control Toolbox for MATLAB version 1.0.0 and from your screenshot i see that is correct.

But also in one of your  screenshot i see Simulink models from the the Model Based Design Toolbox for MATLAB version 2.0.0

Capture.PNG

Have you installed both toolboxes and you are trying to run an example from rev2.0.0 with older rev1.0.0 ?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you!

Daniel

0 Kudos
binqin
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

My Matlab REV is 2017a,may I know your Matlab REV and  your system?. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi binqin‌,

I'm using the same setup as yours. We have a video with all the steps for installing and configuration for MBD Toolbox rev2.0.0 for S32K144. The video is available here:  Video Link : 7525 

Try to follow the steps shown in that video and it should work fine.

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Daniel

Here is my version:

>> ver
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version: 9.2.0.538062 (R2017a)
MATLAB License Number: 1070814
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
Java Version: Java 1.7.0_60-b19 with Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM mixed mode
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version 9.2 (R2017a)
Simulink Version 8.9 (R2017a)
Computer Vision System Toolbox Version 7.3 (R2017a)
DSP System Toolbox Version 9.4 (R2017a)
Embedded Coder Version 6.12 (R2017a)
Fixed-Point Designer Version 5.4 (R2017a)
Image Acquisition Toolbox Version 5.2 (R2017a)
Image Processing Toolbox Version 10.0 (R2017a)
MATLAB Coder Version 3.3 (R2017a)
MATLAB Report Generator Version 5.2 (R2017a)
MBD Toolbox Samples for S32K14x Version 2.0 (R2015b-R2017a)
Model Based Design Toolbox for S32K Series Version 2.0.0 (R2015b-R2017a)
Neural Network Toolbox Version 10.0 (R2017a)
Phased Array System Toolbox Version 3.4 (R2017a)
Signal Processing Toolbox Version 7.4 (R2017a)
Simulink Coder Version 8.12 (R2017a)
Simulink Report Generator Version 5.2 (R2017a)
Simulink Test Version 2.2 (R2017a)
Simulink Verification and Validation Version 3.13 (R2017a)
Stateflow Version 8.9 (R2017a)
Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox Version 11.1 (R2017a)

0 Kudos
binqin
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I have tried 5 kinds of browers ,but I still can't open the video.Can you give me an another link or send it to me by Email(qinbin78@163.com)?Thank you very much.

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony, 

Yes, in China the youtube like webhosting is limited. Try to download the video from here: https://community.nxp.com/download-video!execute.jspa?videoID=7525 

Hope this works!

Daniel

0 Kudos
binqin
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

You may misunderstand my problem. My problem was not I couldn't open the example project,but was it compiled cause error.Do you have this problem?Could you help me?

1.png 

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony, 

I see you have the same issue even if you try to run the simple m script that has nothing to do with the Simulink models.

Have you executed the mbd_s32k_path.m ?

Capture.PNG

We do not have such problems with our setups and we can't reproduce the issue you are seeing. 

Please try the following:

- uninstall all Matlab toolboxes you have from NXP/Freescale

- Open Matlab and Set all paths to default 

- Then Install the MBDT rev2.0 for S32K 

- Run mbd_s32k_path.m

Capture.PNG

If you still have the issue then something is fishy with your setup and we will investigate together further on.

Thank you for your patience!

Best regards,
Daniel 

0 Kudos
binqin
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I'm uninstalling Matlab and all toolboxes, I'll install all software ago.Please wait.Thank you very much.

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
binqin
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I think I‘ve found the reason for this problem,but I can't solve it, it needs you to apply me the correctly license.

I solved it following steps:1、change my DISK_SERIAL_NUM as 100A8AE8(before  my  DISK_SERIAL_NUM was 000A8AE8) by a kind of software(   like  harddiskserialnumberchanger.zip). 2、restart the computer,and confirm the DISK_SERIAL_NUM has changed to 8 characters(before  my DISK_SERIAL_NUM was 5 characters ). 3、open   the example  project   and  compile, the problem was solved.   But  after I changed my DISK_SERIAL_NUM ,my computer can't access Internet and some software can't be opened.

I think the reason was license generated bug if DISK_SERIAL_NUM was shorter than 8.So I hope you can supply a correctly license to me.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Tony

2.png

1.jpg

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tony, 

Good catch!

Let us try a trick to confirm the issues and eventually set a workaround in place.

Go to {Install path}MBDToolbox\mbdtbx_S32K\mbdtbx_s32k\mscripts\checkers\ folder and replace the mbd_s32k_cc_data_check.p file with the one attached here.

Does it work after this ?

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos
binqin
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Because my computer's DISK_SERIAL_NUM  has been changed, so I ask my colleague to replace the file . But it doesn't work. Can you send me a Permanent License to confirm wether is it license problem(qinbin78@163.com)?Thank you very much.

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tony, 

The problem is in the toolbox - it is now logged as AST-619. The DISK_SERIAL_NUM is always assumed to be 8 char long.

The license generation on the website works correctly and we can't change it.

We have a quick fix for you - kind request to test it again - an confirm the results. If that is OK we will publish a hot fix.

So, 

Please replace there 2 files:

- {install dir}\MBDToolbox\mbdtbx_S32K\mbdtbx_s32k\mscripts\checkers\ folder mbd_s32k_cc_data_check.p

- {install dir}\MBDToolbox\mbdtbx_S32K\mbdtbx_s32k\mscripts\matlab_ui\ forlder mbd_s32k_hostid.p

Hope this time will work.

Thank you!

Daniel

binqin
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

Oh my God,the problem was solved.I feel like I'm always eating crabs for S32K , but you're very excellent.Thank you very much.

Regards,

Tony

binqin
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I have install both toolboxes,but I didn't try to run an example from REV2.0.0 with older REV1.0.0. I've only install REV2.0.0 (not REV1.0.0),but the error was occurred. Also I uninstalled the REV2.0.0 and install REV1.0.0 ,but the error occurred. My college have the problem with me. Is it related with our system( Win7 64bit) ?Thank you very much.

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bin Qin,

You may want to watch this video starting at 3.33 time where it's shown how to generate a license file. The procedure is the same.

The easiest way is to open a command line console and type the command>> vol c: (or whatever letter is assign on the partition you have installed the toolbox)

1.JPG

Also, keep in mind that you need to change the extension when you save the file on your PC. The file should be called license.lic

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos