Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed, Position and Acceleration calculation using Motor control toolbox

Jump to solution
alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am currently testing Model based Motor control toolbox for MPC5744P and I am wondering if in near future you can make a block that can provide speed, Position and acceleration calculation based on Quad signal capturing. 

This kind of specific block will be very handy for rapid prototyping.

Regards,

Ali Meraj

1 Solution
alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for coming back to me.

No, I haven't tried it yet but I will start looking into it, I just wanted to know if there is any of your plan to provide such block. 

thanks for the help.

I will update this once I will manage to get something working.

Regards,

Ali

View solution in original post

2 Replies
alimeraj
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for coming back to me.

No, I haven't tried it yet but I will start looking into it, I just wanted to know if there is any of your plan to provide such block. 

thanks for the help.

I will update this once I will manage to get something working.

Regards,

Ali

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ali and welcome in community,

Thank you for your feedback and look forward to interact on technical aspects.

I've created AST-604 feature request ID in our internal tracking system. For sure we will consider such options for future releases.

At this point we are focusing our energy in creating and supporting most of the IP blocks and peripherals within each MCU. 

Since the approach is towards model based design - we believe you can implement even today such functionalities with the standard Simulink blocks and MBD Toolbox. 

Have you tried to implement such functionalities starting with that is currently exposed?

You may have 2 approaches:

- use standard Simulink blocks and create a sort of function call to read the number of captures and compute the pos/speed/acc

- use a S-function custom code and implement your own UI and C-functionality.

Best regards,
Daniel 

0 Kudos