取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

SPI Interface on MPC5775B EVB to MC33996 (HSD) Not Working

1,140 次查看
rsating
Contributor III

We purchased the MPC5775B EVB and are sending commands to the MC33996 (HSD) chip through the SPI interface (DSPI2 and CS3) but get no reply from or response from the chip.

The model having the problem (see attached ZIP file, and screenshot below) is derived from the example "SPI Master MPC574xP" in the Simulink Library Browser.

mpc5775c_LSD_model.png

The SPI Config settings are:

mpc5775c_LSD_SPI-Config.png

The pins chosen match those in the S32DS SDK example project:

PDC_5775B_SDK_routing_DSPI2-pin-selection.png

The SPI Polarity and Phase properties in the "General" tab were chosen based on the timing diagram:

NXP_MC33996_LSD_SPI-timing.png

In FreeMASTER we can see the counter incrementing for each step of the clock as messages are sent:

mpc5775c_LSD_FreeMASTER.png

However, chip never replies, echoing the command sent to it, as the C code in the S32DS example PDC_5775B_SDK suggests it should; values in SPI_recv never change from 0.

We are having similar trouble communicating with the HSD and MSDI chips.

What could we be missing?  Initialization?  Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks

0 项奖励
1 回复

1,115 次查看
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @rsating 

Sorry, I've seen this post too late and I was already posted an example here: https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/Request-for-HSD-LSD-MSDI-Communication-Exa... 

Your approach is the same as mine but on your side, you have to check the Continous transfer checkbox from the SPI Configuration block.

mariuslucianand_0-1608140643812.png

What this checkbox does is that it will keep the CS low until all those 3 bytes are sent, making the device to receive 1x24 bits and not 3x 8 bits.

Hope the example attached to the previous thread helps you control the device.

Regards,

Marius

0 项奖励