cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor load

juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Hello community, 

Based on information about how to calculate the load processor found here and bloc configurations found here , I calculated the approximate load used in my S32k144. The model of interest is basically a reception and transmission over CAN system. As it is asynchronous, I have doubts about the calculations results. The procedure followed was the following:

* I included a profiler bus clock tick block inside each interruption subsystem (one for CAN 1 and one for CAN 2) and another profiler bus clock tick block on the main.

* I substracted the values in order to get the difference of ticks (I obtained an approximate of 888859 ticks).

* I divided those values obtained by the clock frequency (20MHz).

* I took those results and divided them by the step time (0.2s).

Are these steps correct for calculating the load in the MCU? Since it is not synchronous, I'd appreciate any feedback to assure this results. 

Besides this, I am trying to implement a DMA. Would this method of processor calculation work for this model (with the DMA included) as well?

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Regina_U
Contributor I

Thanks for the information 

0 Kudos

juliana_rojas30
Contributor III

Hello @Pugliese82 ,

I never got any response on this issue. What I ended up doing was putting a profiler only in the main, taking those values and calculating as I explained before. 

I put it only in the main because since my CAN system is asyncrhonous, the only part of the system that has a controlled time response is the main. I got values that seem to have sense, so I stuck with this method.

I hope this response helps you.

Kind regards,

Juliana.

0 Kudos