Processor in the loop PIL with the Motor Control Toolbox

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor in the loop PIL with the Motor Control Toolbox

damarandei
Contributor I

Can Processor in the loop PIL within Simulink functionality be achieved with the Motor Control Development Toolbox? My project will be using a MPC5554 and wondering if RAppid Toolbox or Motor Control Toolbox would be the right tool for this. The project is in an early stage so I am looking for any type of information on this. The goal is to achieve functionality as described here:

https://www.mathworks.com/examples/embedded-coder/mw/beaglebone_product-beaglebone_matlab_pil-proces...

0 Kudos
1 Reply

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan,

...and welcome in our community.

First of all, MPC5554 is supported only in RAppID toolbox (RAppID ToolBox|NXP ). This toolbox was designed and tested with Matlab releases: R2009A, R2009B, R29010A, and R2010B and most likely it does not works with newer versions of the Matlab due to changes made by Mathworks in different areas of Code Generation and Code Loading for PIL throughout the years.

The toolbox has "some PIL-ish" functionalities via custom m-file implementation (create a PIL S-function) but is not what you have pointed out in the previous link.

For the record, in case you want to upgrade to a newer processor like MPC5744P (Model Based Design Toolbox For Panther (MPC574xP) Family of Processors 2.0 IS NOW AVAILABLE! ) we do support the latest PIL and SIL functionalities from Mathworks.

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Kudos