Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems reading information of 4 devices of 1 chain of MC33775A

mgomez
Contributor II

Hello,

I have working with the example bcc_775a_read_s32 and I have these questions:

I have been trying to read the voltages of 4 devices from 1 BCC chain but I don´t how to change the adress of each. I have been doing it as shown in the picture below: changing the device adress and then adding another data store memory for the cell voltages of the second device. However, I cannot see anything in FreeMaster I cannot find the adress of the second device. Am I doing it right?

mgomez_1-1680168345240.png

If I am working with 2 device do I nedd to change the number ' Bcc775aDriver/Bcc775aChain1DevNum-4'  to 2? What does this mean?

mgomez_3-1680168799571.png

Also, do I need to change the start location of the TD handler block for each device? As you can see in the following device there is a number but I dont know where to find this number and what exactly means.

mgomez_2-1680168529206.png

Finally, where can I find the adress to read the temperatures?

Thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @mgomez 

MBDT for S32K3 works together with the configuration tools, either S32CT/EB Tresos. These tools, which MBDTis integrates, help to configure all the hardware peripherals and settings of the MCU. This is why, next to each Simulink models a <model_name>Config.mex file (S32CT) or <model_name>Config_Tresos folder (EB Tresos) is added so that, the configuration project is used to configure the hardware. The settings inside these projects are displayed for each component inside the Configuration parameters tab for each component. In order to change such configuration, you have to press the "Configure" button (1) to open the external configuration tool and adjust the settings. Once this step has been performed, the "Refresh" button must be pressed in order for the model to be updated with the newest settings. 

mariuslucianand_0-1680784699494.png

Now, regarding what you are mentioning about the number of devices, there needs to be specified inside the configuration tools, in both of the Bcc_775a and the Phy_665a components as Number of Connected Bcc Devices.

Regarding the TDHandler indexes, the TD Handler contains data on the latest TD_Send commands sent over the TPL bus. So in order to understand the indexes you have to access the TPL documentation. Please contact your assigned FAE so that she/he could point you to the latest documents describing the TPL protocol. The reason for mentioning this has been explained here 

Hope this helps,
Marius

0 Kudos