cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with MBDT S32K3XX on Matlab R2023b

Jump to solution
Alfredo_Rubio
Contributor II

I have been using this Toolbox on the R2022b version with realtive succes.

For other reasons we have decided to switch to the latest Matlab verision  (R2023b).

I was able to run the instalation script and procced with all the steps:

-Install .MLBTX

-Verify MBD toolbox  instalation

-Generate License File (just use the previous one)

-Activate NXP MBD toolbox

-verify MBD toolbox license.

But when I open my model, I start getting messages about the default hardware configured in the model.

In the matlab console, I get this message:

This model is configured to use NXP S32K3xx hardware board, but support for that hardware is not installed.

To install support for NXP S32K3xx hardware board:
1. Close the model.
2. Open Add-On Explorer.
3. Install support for NXP S32K3xx hardware board.

To configure the model for different hardware board:
1. Open the model Configuration Parameters and select the Hardware Implementation pane.
2. Set the Hardware board parameter for your hardware.

To configure the model not to use any hardware:
1. Open the model Configuration Parameters and select the Hardware Implementation pane.
2. Set the Hardware board parameter to 'None'.

It seems that this version is not recognizing the toolbox. 

Is there any incompatibility problem with the new R2023b release?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Alfredo_Rubio ,

The Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K3 v1.4.0 was tested on the following Matlab versions: 2021a-2023a. However, unless there are no framework changes inside the newest Matlab release (2023b) that would require updates in our toolbox, the features and capabilities of MBDT should be available in this version as well.

Still, for any Matlab releases besides the ones supported which were mentioned above, users need to perform an additional step in setting up the toolbox. This being said, could you please try running the mbd_s32k3_path.m script before opening any of the examples? The script can be found in the toolbox root.

Please let us know if this solves the problem you are currently facing.

Thank you,

Irina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Alfredo_Rubio ,

The Model-Based Design Toolbox for S32K3 v1.4.0 was tested on the following Matlab versions: 2021a-2023a. However, unless there are no framework changes inside the newest Matlab release (2023b) that would require updates in our toolbox, the features and capabilities of MBDT should be available in this version as well.

Still, for any Matlab releases besides the ones supported which were mentioned above, users need to perform an additional step in setting up the toolbox. This being said, could you please try running the mbd_s32k3_path.m script before opening any of the examples? The script can be found in the toolbox root.

Please let us know if this solves the problem you are currently facing.

Thank you,

Irina

0 Kudos
Alfredo_Rubio
Contributor II

Thanks for the Tip Irina

It solved the problem with tow slight nuances.

The first one was that in my computer for the R2023b the “pathdef.m” file was market as read only file. This forced the script failure. I had to remove the read only flag by hand.

The second one was that the script inform me that I need to install the “Embedded Coder Support Package for ARM Cortex M Processors”.  I installed it and everything was right.

Thanks again.