Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab installation guidance

Xtian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, 

I'm new to MBDT and I need to install it for S32K3xx (specifically, S32K396)

Can you please clarify what are the required base Matlab products that we first need to install for the whole toolchain to work properly, and where do we get these installers? 

Do we need to individually create an account at the mathworks website to download Matlab, and what license do we use?  Or, is there a repository within NXP where we can get these installers directly ? 

Thank you for your guidance. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Xtian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

well I have now managed to install matlab R2023b and activate the NXP license, but I get an error when trying to add the S32K3 support package  from Matlab's Add-on explorer. The error reads: "Installation failure, Community-authored Add-Ons are temporarily unavailable" 

how to solve this? 

0 Kudos

brianmckay
Contributor III
Try again - the server may have been down - I tested this morning (US time) and K1 & K3 worked fine.
0 Kudos

Xtian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you Brian for the clarification. Any chance you have a sharepoint link to the license and installation instructions? 

0 Kudos

brianmckay
Contributor III
Sent you NXP specific access info via DM.
0 Kudos

brianmckay
Contributor III

NXP has an Enterprise license of MathWorks tools - you can look internally (NXP SharePoint) for info on how to install as an NXP employee. You may need a MathWorks account to do this - just make sure to use your NXP email address with that account.

MBDT typically requires MATLAB, SImulink, MATLAB Coder, Simulink Coder, and Embedded Coder.  Some examples may require other Toolboxes and Blocksets such as Motor Control Toolbox, Stateflow, etc. The NXP Enterprise license includes the full suite of MathWorks Toolboxes and Blocksets, so I'd probably suggest doing a full install when you get there just so you dont have to go try and find something later.

HTH,

-Brian