cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCAL of S32 Configulation Tool inside MBDT

Narudol-T
Contributor III

Dear Sir,

I am studying the BMS integration with new S32K344 & MC33775  to previous version BMS MC33771 & MC33664 in MBDT.

I found that newest MBDT using MCAL layer to call MC33775 read function via MC33665 chipset.

But I do not have any EB Tresos license.

Question (1) : Can I modify these MCAL layer to compatible with MC33664 & MC33771 ? and How ? any document on this current MCAL stack ? 

Question (2) : If cannot modify, how can I create another MCAL layer for above devices ? can you point me the documentation sheet ? or any easier way to use ?

Best regards,

Narudol T.

MCAL_MC33775A.PNG

0 Kudos
2 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Narudol-T 

I will try to comment on the points below:

"But I do not have any EB Tresos license."

The MBDT for S32K3 is compatible with both EB Tresos (the license and installer could be accessed on the NXP website) and S32CT (which is already delivered with the MBDT for S32K3xx). So for board configuration, any of them could be used. In MBDT, the basic BMS examples come with both EBTresos and S32CT (the ones highlighted in yellow), so you could use the S32CT.

mariuslucianand_0-1680077932164.png

Question (1): Can I modify these MCAL layer to compatible with MC33664 & MC33771? and How? any document on this current MCAL stack?

I don't think you could do that. This is because this shall also require the update of the components in the EBT/S32DS to generate the configuration code. The RTD is a product that MBDT only integrates and we do not modify it at all.

Question (2): If cannot modify, how can I create another MCAL layer for above devices? can you point me the documentation sheet? or any easier way to use?

The MCAL layer from the Real-Time Driver is designed to respect the requirements of the MCAL AUTOSAR standard. The BMS is not a standard driver included in the AUTOSAR documentation, but the BCC drivers are implemented as a Custom Device Driver to cover all the functionalities of the battery cell controller while still respecting the safety requirements of the AUTOSAR. Now, for the S32K3 and the MCAL layer, the drivers of the bcc are designed to work together with the drivers for the transceivers and they are different from the ones used in MBDT for S32K1.  As I have discussed with the BMS team, there is not going to be support added for the MC33771C in the S32K3 BMS drivers. In MBDT we are only integrating such drivers, and we do not modify them in any way. So unfortunately, I cannot provide a guideline on how you could implement such drivers to cover the S32K3 and MC33771c via MC33664 on your own at the MCAL level.

The only way to have the S32K344 and MC33771C in MBDT would be to have your own C driver and most likely to address the code using the custom code in Simulink, but also the SPI needs to be controlled using the Low-Level API of the RTD, which MBDT does not support because the MBDT generates code on top of the MCAL layer. 

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

Narudol-T
Contributor III

Hi @mariuslucianand 

Thank you for your kind reponse.

Per your said below :

"The only way to have the S32K344 and MC33771C in MBDT would be to have your own C driver and most likely to address the code using the custom code in Simulink, but also the SPI needs to be controlled using the Low-Level API of the RTD, which MBDT does not support because the MBDT generates code on top of the MCAL layer."

Does it imply that I cannot use S32K344 with MC33771C via code generation process ?

Because I cannot integrate the C hand code into simulink enviroment with usual RTD low-level driver.

Best regards,

Narudol T.

0 Kudos