cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBDT

mgomez
Contributor II

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a Simulink model with the whole system of HVBMS with the S32k322 EVB.

I know that there is a battery management system algorithm but is there any model with the whole system where the inizialization, the inputs, outputs and everything is already done and you just need to connect the computer?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @mgomez ,

For the HVBMS board, which features the S32K344 MCU, there is not yet a Simulink model to handle all the additional hardware components that complete the HVBMU board. What we offer in the latest release is a Simulink model which could be found through our examples under the hvbmu2_read_s32ct name. This model uses the S32CT as the external configurator for the peripherals and offers support for the CMU, BJB, pressure sensor, interlock system and sends messages over the VCU CAN bus.

Could you please detail what do you expect by "just need to connect the computer?"

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

mgomez
Contributor II

I am currently working on the example of hvbmu2_775a_read_S32ct. How can I try this example in my S32K344 board. I click; build,deploy and start in Simulink but it always appears the error that you can see below:

Error occurred while executing External Mode MEX-file 'ext_serial_win32_comm':
-Failed to connect to the target. A time-out occurred while waiting for the connection response from the target. Possible reasons for the time-out:
a) The target is not switched on.
b) The target is not connected to your host machine.
c) The application for the model is not running on the target. You might have clicked the Stop button. If the Run button is not dimmed, click it. Otherwise, click the Build button, which downloads and runs your application on the target.

Component:Simulink | Category:Block diagram error

Unable to connect to the 'NXP S32K3xx' target for hvbmu2_775a_read_S32ct

Also,  I am not able to connect the example to freemaster, it says that the board can not be found.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @mgomez,

Thank you for your reply!

It appears that for some reason on your side the "Generate Code, Build & Deploy" option inside the model is actually trying to launch the External mode. Unfortunately, this example is not aimed to be executed in External mode. 

Could you please try building the model by pressing the Build Button from the Embedded Coder?

mariuslucianand_0-1679608617360.png

This button action is similar, the model will try to generate code, build the generated code and deploy the code on the target, which in this case is the HVBMS board. Because the SBC is not configured, you shall power up the board, at the same time as pressing the DBG button. 

For the FreeMaster, the board needs to have the USB2Serial converter connected, via the GUI connector on the board, and identify the correct COM port. 

mariuslucianand_1-1679608870098.png

Hope this helps,

Marius

0 Kudos