MBDT with custom board (MIMXRT1062xxxxB)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MBDT with custom board (MIMXRT1062xxxxB)

Sam_ECU
Contributor IV

Hello,

I'm using a custom board with the MIMXRT1062DVJ6B chip.

What needs to be considered in Simulink / MBDT, so that code generated from Simulink can be flashed directly to the device?

Or that axf / bin / hex / s19 can be flashed to the device using MCUXpresso / MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning / MCUBootUtility?

The board has the external flash "W25Q64JVSSIQ" from Winbond.

What do I need to change and what else needs to be considered?

Thanks,
Sam

0 Kudos
3 Replies

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Sam_ECU 

The NXP`s Model-Based Design Toolbox for IMXRT Platform has been designed to support different  MCU hardware parts from IMXRT family. So, the toolbox is oriented to MCU chip itself, not to a specific hardware board. In this way, we are letting the customers to create their own custom hardware designs. Only the examples delivered in the toolbox are testing using the evaluation kits delivered by NXP.

Unfortunately, the IMXRT 1062 part that you are using (MIMXRT1062DVJ6B) is not supported in the latest release of MBDT for IMXRT Platform (see the attached image from Release Notes). But since I did not notice any major difference between MIMXRT1062DVJ6A and MIMXRT1062DVJ6B, you could try to select the MIMXRT1062DVJ6A hardware part from your Simulink model hardware parameters and build it. We cannot guarantee that the generated axf file will work, hence the specifications from Release Notes.

stefancinipeanu_0-1706283206837.png

Basically, the generated axf file can be deployed using MCUXpresso. If your custom board has an OpenSDA, you can deploy automatically the axf file from Simulink, choosing the OpenSDA download method from the Hardware settings of your model.

Hope this helps you!

Let me know if you could manage to deploy the axf file generated from Simulink to your custom board!

Best regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos

Sam_ECU
Contributor IV

Hello @stefancinipeanu 

I'll let you know how I get on.

The MIMXRT1060_EVKB with MIMXRT1062DVL6B worked without issue with Simulink/MBDT, so I hoped for much the same.

How can Flash and RAM in MBDT be configured as in MCUXpresso?

Sam_ECU_0-1706619260519.png

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos

stefancinipeanu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Sam_ECU , 

In MBDT there is no graphical tool for configuring the memory like in MCUXpresso IDE. MBDT is using some default linker files for building the generated code which are located in the following path (for MIMXRT1062): {Toolbox_Location}\mbdtbx_imxrt\devices\MIMXRT1062\linker_files\default.

The most simple workaround is configuring the memory in a simple project in MCUXpresso IDE, build that project and then copy the generated linker files into the below MBDT linker files path. But pay attention, because you have to rename the linker files like the one that are by default delivered in the toolbox. Another option is to modify the default linker files manually to reconfigure the memory as you wish.

Regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos