cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Simulink to X-MPC5775E-EVB

Jump to solution
ranulf
Contributor IV

I have a X-MPC5775E-EVB that I want to run Simulink code on. I need to configure the board to receive the Simulink code. What are my options?

It has on-board OpenSDA, so with the right firmware I should be able to drag and drop the *.mot file created by Simulink to the board in Windows Explorer. I don't know if the firmware that enables this capability exists. I think it would be found at pemicro.com/opensda in Firmware Apps (Pemicro_OpenSDA_Debug_MSD_Update_Apps_2020_05_12.zip). Does this firmware exist? If so, what is the firmware filename and where is it found?

Currently when the board is connected to the PC by USB the board is recognized by Windows Explorer and the drive is called BOOTLOADER. However, the serial port is not recognized in Device Manage Ports.

Alternatively, is there a Simulink bootloader I need to load via the JTAG debugger?

I think I have been able to load a Simulink *.elf file using S32DS.PA and the debugger.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ranulf,

That message suggests that you have to update the firmware of the OpenSDA. Normally, there should be only the COM port mounted in the Device Manager of Windows, no drive mounted in Computer.

Usually, the BOOTLOADER driver is only displayed if you keep the SW4, BOOT button pressed while you connect the USB cable. This action indeed mounts a driver, in which you will find 4 files.

mariuslucianand_0-1612803616847.png

If you open the SDA_INFO.HTM, this will redirect you to the PEmicro's website, telling the Hardware information for your board.

mariuslucianand_1-1612803674357.png

Since the message in the screenshot you have attached, tells that an update is required, please register and download the Firmware Apps .zip file as shown above. In the archive, you will see a lot of SDA files for but you are interested in the DEBUG_OPENSDA-E200_Pemicro_v110.SDA

mariuslucianand_2-1612803887126.png

You have to unzip this file and copy-paste it in the BOOTLOADER drive.

Once the process has been completed, please unplug and replug the USB driver.

This should update the OpenSDA to the latest firmware and you should be able to flash the MPC5775E bootloader.

Hope this helps,

Marius

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ranulf
Contributor IV

@mariuslucianandThank you for the helpful information. I can now load Simulink code onto the X-MPC5775E-EVB over USB.

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ranulf 

The OpenSDA on the board doesn't allow you to copy-paste the generated mot file as for S32K, so you have to use the same RAppID bootloader.

Now, the OpenSDA on the board will be used as USB2Serial converted for the RappId Bootloader and as JTAG to write the rbf file for the MC33775E board.

Flashing the RBF file:

For this, you have to open the S32DS for Power, use an example for MPC5777C (Yes, the settings are identical) and select the rbf file for UART0_CAN0.mariuslucianand_0-1612791012481.png

Do not forget to change flashing algorithm like in the image attached below.

mariuslucianand_1-1612791150648.png

Now, keep in mind that the jumpers from the MCU_JTAG_SEL selects if you use the OpenSDA to flash the bootloader or an external JTAG, so for me, the following settings works on my board.

mariuslucianand_2-1612793343108.png

Now you should be able to generate the code and to upload the code from Simulink as you did before.

As an additional documentation, you can download the Getting Started document from this link

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12875.pdf 

Hope this helps,
Marius

0 Kudos
ranulf
Contributor IV

@mariuslucianand Thanks for thoughtful answer and the quick reply. However, I still run into problems. In S32DS Power, when I try to flash the RBF file as you describe, I get the following error: 

OpenSDA Error.png

 Windows Explorer recognizes the board as the drive BOOTLOADER (F:). The board is not recognized in Device Manager Ports (COM & LPT), which means that in its present state it is not capable of UART. The board is acting like it wants me to drag and drop firmware on the drive BOOTLOADER in Windows Explorer. I don't know how to get out of this state and in this state JTAG over OpenSDA does not seem to work.  

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @ranulf,

That message suggests that you have to update the firmware of the OpenSDA. Normally, there should be only the COM port mounted in the Device Manager of Windows, no drive mounted in Computer.

Usually, the BOOTLOADER driver is only displayed if you keep the SW4, BOOT button pressed while you connect the USB cable. This action indeed mounts a driver, in which you will find 4 files.

mariuslucianand_0-1612803616847.png

If you open the SDA_INFO.HTM, this will redirect you to the PEmicro's website, telling the Hardware information for your board.

mariuslucianand_1-1612803674357.png

Since the message in the screenshot you have attached, tells that an update is required, please register and download the Firmware Apps .zip file as shown above. In the archive, you will see a lot of SDA files for but you are interested in the DEBUG_OPENSDA-E200_Pemicro_v110.SDA

mariuslucianand_2-1612803887126.png

You have to unzip this file and copy-paste it in the BOOTLOADER drive.

Once the process has been completed, please unplug and replug the USB driver.

This should update the OpenSDA to the latest firmware and you should be able to flash the MPC5775E bootloader.

Hope this helps,

Marius