cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIN communication on MPC5748G using Model Based Design Toolbox

div12
Contributor I

Hello, 

I am looking at having LIN communications running on the MPC5748G board with the Model Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx. I noticed there are no LIN blocks available, and am therefore considering using the UART blocks for transmitting and receiving messages. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone had tried this before, and if there is a different route I should be taking. 

On another note, is there any documentation for PIL for the MBDT for MPC57xx? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Irina_Costachescu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @div12 ,

Indeed, there are no LIN blocks available in MBDT for MPC57xx. However, please note that MBDT blocks generate code on top of the SDK drivers, drivers which are delivered inside the toolbox. For adding functionalities that are not present in the toolbox, you could use the Simulink custom code functionalities to insert specific drivers functions calls, to configure and control desired peripherals, and any other necessary C code for implementing the particularities of your application. For an example on how this can be achieved, please check the following article (link).

Now, related to the PIL simulation, you could start by checking and running the examples MBDT delivers for showcasing this feature. They can be found under the following path MPC_Examples\common\pil. For more details about this simulation mode, I would also like to point you to one of the webinars we have created to describe this functionality (link). Even if the presented material is based on a model designed using MBDT for S32K1, the steps of running this kind of simulations are similar and the process should be the same.

Please let us know in case you encounter any specific issues on these areas, or others.

Hope this helps,
Irina

0 Kudos

Sophie5387
Contributor I

I am looking at having LIN communications running on the MPC5748G board with the Model Based Design Toolbox for MPC57xx. I noticed there are no LIN blocks available, and am therefore considering using the UART blocks for transmitting and receiving messages. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone had tried this before, and if there is a different route I should be taking. MyEnvoyAir

On another note, is there any documentation for PIL for the MBDT for MPC57xx? 

Since LIN is based on UART, it may be possible to use the UART blocks to implement LIN communication. This would require configuring the UART for the specific LIN baud rate and message framing. Some additional logic may be needed to implement the LIN protocol on top of UART.

0 Kudos