Install MBD Toolbox for S12ZVMx, License Error: -9, Model-Based Design Toolbox License Invalid

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install MBD Toolbox for S12ZVMx, License Error: -9, Model-Based Design Toolbox License Invalid

Jump to solution
gary_lu1
Contributor II

When I install MBD Toolbox for S12ZVMx in matlab R2020a ,it always reported License Error: -9, Model-Based Design Toolbox License Invalid.I checked the version of MATLAB and toolbox,also read all community ways,still can not solve problem.Some information as follows:

1.Matlab version is R2020a,and MBD toolbox is S12ZVMx V1.4.0.

2.Host ID is F4-8E-38-B2-70-C3

3.MBD Demo can open but can not run,reported  license invalid,simulink library can not find the tool box. 

4.I can find toolboxs have been installed in addition function.

5.License path located in ...Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S12ZVMx\lic  

Could you help us solve the problem?Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
gary_lu1
Contributor II

I‘ve solved this problem,the root cause is that host ID of license not correct,we can not get correct license if we through mac address as host ID.But the toolbox install guidline no to remind it !!! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tarafoster
Contributor I

The License Error: -9 for the MBD Toolbox for S12ZVMx in Matlab R2020a is indicating that there is an issue with the license file. Here are some potential solutions to try:

1. Check that the license file is located in the correct directory: ...Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_S12ZVMx\lic

2. Ensure that the license file is named "license.dat" and that it contains the correct Host ID (F4-8E-38-B2-70-C3 in your case).

3. Verify that the license file has been properly installed by running the "lmutil" command in a command prompt and checking that the S12ZVMx license is listed.

4. Try restarting Matlab and/or the license server to see if that resolves the issue.

5. If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact the software vendor or your IT department for further assistance.

0 Kudos
gary_lu1
Contributor II

I‘ve solved this problem,the root cause is that host ID of license not correct,we can not get correct license if we through mac address as host ID.But the toolbox install guidline no to remind it !!! 

0 Kudos