cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve License error -1: License missing

Jump to solution
jordiclos
Contributor I

License Error: -1, Motor Control Toolbox License Missing, please go to The Motor Control Development Toolbox Web Site to purchase a license or request a demo.

I have already install, generate and place the license file (license.lic) into the directory C:\...\MATLAB\MCToolbox\mctbx_Kinetis\lic

Captura.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jordiclos‌,

The "-1" error indicates that the license file can't be found (according with FlexLM error codes: https://community.nxp.com/message/941909?commentID=941909%23comment-941909#comment-908767 )

If you say that you have successfully generated the license for the HostID shown in the picture, and you have save it under the \mctbx_Kinetis\lic\ folder then the only possible scenario that i could think of that may drive you to this failure message is the location of the toolbox.

I see that you have installed it into MATLAB root which is probably under "Program Files". Can you install the toolbox in something like: c:\MCToolbox\mctbx_Kinetis\

Hope it helps!

Daniel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gibson_24
Contributor I

I have already install,  place the license file but  some issues accrued so please help me regarding this.

0 Kudos
mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Gibson_24 ,

What toolbox are you using? Make sure you try both with the license extestion .lic and .dat

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
rsating
Contributor III

Be careful how you name the file. It is not enough that the license file extension be correct, the entire filename has to be as expected ("license.dat" or "license.lic") or the activation process will not find the license file. 

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jordiclos‌,

The "-1" error indicates that the license file can't be found (according with FlexLM error codes: https://community.nxp.com/message/941909?commentID=941909%23comment-941909#comment-908767 )

If you say that you have successfully generated the license for the HostID shown in the picture, and you have save it under the \mctbx_Kinetis\lic\ folder then the only possible scenario that i could think of that may drive you to this failure message is the location of the toolbox.

I see that you have installed it into MATLAB root which is probably under "Program Files". Can you install the toolbox in something like: c:\MCToolbox\mctbx_Kinetis\

Hope it helps!

Daniel

rsating
Contributor III

It turns out that, not only does the license file have to be in the "lic" subfolder, but it has to be named "license.dat" for "Verify MBD Toolbox License" to find it.  I had bangled "S32K1xx" into the filename, since I have more than one NXP license. That was well intentioned but caused activation to fail. 

It would be nice if the "Activate NXP MBD Toolbox" function re-named the file appropriately as "license.dat" before copying it to the "lic" subfolder for us, or warn us we need to do that. Only after hours of frustration and answers from this thread did I figure out what was wrong.

Thanks

0 Kudos