How to debug the C generated code from a Model-based i.MXRT1060 examples in MCUxpresso IDE ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug the C generated code from a Model-based i.MXRT1060 examples in MCUxpresso IDE ?

Jump to solution
scocmr
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks to NXP community support, we successfully ran a GPIO example application developped from Matlab/Simulink on our Evaluation Kit (based on the MCU i.MXRT1064)

--> see. my previous post

It will be usefull to be able to debug the generated code directly from the great MCUxpresso IDE.

So, we try to import the NXP project (GPIO Polling example) into the IDE but, when we build the project, there are errors (missing includes files, ...).

As the full example application is pure generated code, normally, we should be able to re-build it from the NXP IDE without do anything... but it is not the case.

Has anyone tried this before ?

Does it exist a tutorial for this operation ?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sebastian,

You can debug the generated projects into MCUIDE. You need to export the project - this operation will do the necessary updates on for the <model_name>Config folder to the successfully imported and debugged into MCUXpresso IDE. To do that go to Hardware Settings -> Hardware implementation -> User paths and use the Export generated projects. See below screenshot:

nxa11767_0-1606313475676.png

Use Simulink model folder that will do just an update of the existing files/folders - in this way you can work in both Simulink and MCUIDE and see the changed in both parts. After this, you can just use Import project from MCUXpresso and you are good to go. One more note, do not use Copy project into workspace when doing the import in MCU IDE- because some paths might be invalidated by this check.

BR,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scocmr
Contributor II

Hi Alexandra,

Your explanation is very clear, as usual

I'm going to apply it immediatly on my project and check that all is OK.

I come back as soon as it's done.

Thanks

BR,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sebastian,

You can debug the generated projects into MCUIDE. You need to export the project - this operation will do the necessary updates on for the <model_name>Config folder to the successfully imported and debugged into MCUXpresso IDE. To do that go to Hardware Settings -> Hardware implementation -> User paths and use the Export generated projects. See below screenshot:

nxa11767_0-1606313475676.png

Use Simulink model folder that will do just an update of the existing files/folders - in this way you can work in both Simulink and MCUIDE and see the changed in both parts. After this, you can just use Import project from MCUXpresso and you are good to go. One more note, do not use Copy project into workspace when doing the import in MCU IDE- because some paths might be invalidated by this check.

BR,

Alexandra

nofake_drstrang
Contributor III

Hi @nxa11767 

I have the same question for S12Z.

In "Configuration Parameters" I do not see the "User Paths"

nofake_drstrang_0-1610720796389.png

What should I do?

Many Thanks!
BR

0 Kudos