cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field weakening control of PMSM

Sriram
Contributor IV

Hello , 

I am trying to test out field weakening control of pmsm in the s32k144 evb. I modified the closed loop pmsm foc model by adding a pmsm field weakening controller block and tested and logged the values in freemaster.  I was able to reach around 3200-3400 rpm with a 12v dc supply. I want to know what is the base speed of the linix motor attached with the s32k144 evb.

I also tested it out on a simulink example file provided by matlab. But there i am not able to match the data obtained from the freemaster. Is there anything i should change in the way i implement field weakening?. 

I have added both the models for your ref. 

nxp_cl_fw is the model based design model and the mcb pmsm foc is the simulation model provided by mathworks staff in which i added a pmsm fw controller.In this mathworks model i am able get around 4000 rpm (which is mentioned Nmax but when i increase the Nmax to 6000 and increase the current limits , I am not able to get more than 4000 rpm. For the motor used in the simul (linix) base speed is mentioned as 3296 rpm) 

nxp_sim_fw is the model i modified from the MTPA field weakening example of the c2000 . Using this model i could reach upto 4700 rpm ( same motor and inverter parameters as the prev model) . i want to verify whether this approach is right

It would be helpful if you guys can compare both the models and see where i am going wrong. Thank you  @stefanvlad 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Roach210
Contributor I

Therefore, a PMSM requires field-weakening to increase its shaft speed above its design rating. One approach to achieve higher motor speed is to regulate the inverter power electronics to manipulate the stator d- and q-axis currents to counter the magnetic airgap flux generated by the rotor magnets.

Next Employee Portal Login Page

0 Kudos