cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max size for nandflash,usb,sdcard

ava
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am using MQX4.1, CW10.6 & MK60FX512VLQ12 controller on our custom board.

I have interfaced nandflash (2Gb), USB(4GB) & sdcard(4GB) to controller.

I wanted to know the maximum size limit for all these to interface with the controller.

Anyone knows about this?

1) nandflash-

2) usb-

3) sd card-

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi T Tech,

This is a trick question since it is also dependant on the hardware side, for the K60 we have the following limits:

A) NandFlash it has been tested with 2Gbits but the limit it is on the K60 hardware.

B) USB. we have tested using 64GB usb stick drive.

C) Since the K60 it is Using SDHC the max allow with this technology is 32Gb . We have tested with 8G without issues.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a great day,
Sol

ava
Contributor II

Hi Sol,

Thanks for your reply.

I have more doubts

1) the limitation for nandflash,usb & sdcard is at K60 hardware side  not with MQX.

2) on TWRK60F120M I have tested nandflash(2Gb which is already there),usb (8GB) with MQX4.1

And on my custom board (with MK60FX512VLQ12), circuit is same as TWRK60F120M I am able to use usb of 4GB only if I connected 8GB usb stick, its not detecting the usb stick.

Please let me know what may be the problem because circuit is same & code is also same.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos